Anyone had this done? What is LNT?

·
Super Moderator
2,607 Posts
21E07 - LNT AGEING PCM UPDATE
Etis shows above as open fieldservice for my
2.0 duratorq 07/2018 build 150 ps FWD manual, Eur 6.2
Anyone had this done? What is LNT?
Lean NOx Traps (LNT), also known as NOx adsorbers, can control NOx (nitrogen oxides) emissions from diesel engines. Not had it done but some LNTs have been reported as sending false fault codes as if they are worn out or clogged. If you have a recall note on yours I would get it done.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,830 Posts
The only problem with the way in Ford operates it's recall system is it expects their cars to physically go to a Ford garage for servicing. I would have thought that most owners will use a cheaper garage after the warranty expires which means unless you have access to Etis, you will never know if there is a recall on your car unless it's a safety one where the DVSA are informed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lean NOx Traps (LNT), also known as NOx adsorbers, can control NOx (nitrogen oxides) emissions from diesel engines. Not had it done but some LNTs have been reported as sending false fault codes as if they are worn out or clogged. If you have a recall note on yours I would get it done.
Thanks Nigel, will get it done this week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem with the way in Ford operates it's recall system is it expects their cars to physically go to a Ford garage for servicing. I would have thought that most owners will use a cheaper garage after the warranty expires which means unless you have access to Etis, you will never know if there is a recall on your car unless it's a safety one where the DVSA are informed.
Very true indeed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nigel, will get it done this week.
Quick note to let folks know that I had this fieldservice action done this week. Did not notice any difference in how the car is running before vs after. Can not comment on difference in fuel economy, did not take baseline.

·
Registered
599 Posts
How is that different to any other car maker ?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,830 Posts
How is that different to any other car maker ?
I had two recalls from Mazda which I bought second hand. I would assume that Mazda got my information from the digital service record after I had it serviced. It was years ago and I can't remember 100% and perhaps one of the recalls was a safety one and went the DVSA route. It was serviced by a Mazda agent for a while before I moved it to an independent but the independent also had access to Mazda's DSR system.

Perhaps main dealers should pass on database records for second hand vehicles sold so owners can be kept up to date on recalls.

At least with Ford and if you know about Etis you can just enter your registration number and it will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls, without having to register.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts