Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
Newbie here awaiting new Kuga ST Lines build then arrival. Enjoying reading threads/convos on site 👍🏻 I purchased the st line assuming what was in brochure was in/on car however found a few discrepancies so contacted salesman who confirmed that the wireless charging pad is no longer inc it’s an additional £150 cost and as a person with osteoarthritis of joints I assumed 🙈 that car come with reverse parking both cameras & parking sensors but again told no the camera is part of an additional drivers assist package at a cost of £1,200 😱. For one I don’t have additional large monies now these cars don’t come cheap 😂 and after I spoke to salesman he stated this couldn’t be added now as order is processed although not built any time soon 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there any good car manufacturers or garages that could fit just a reverse park camera as this will be so beneficial for me. I’ve read previous threads re Cams on st line X but no comparison to the St Line. Thanks in advance all 👍🏻

·
Registered
302 Posts
Reactions: Jax25

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The good news. Retrofitting is possible.

The bad news. It’s not cheap.

You could use something like this,Ford SYNC 3 Reverse Camera | Rear-View Camera

Or what’s in this thread would apply Reversing Camera retrofit on new kuga st line x

Based on what I just read in the thread above, you might need a Ford enthusiast as opposed to a typical installer… you really want the option to integrate with the Sync3 and not be a separate after market option.
Hi there thanks for response I’ve attached my email response from salesman. There’s so many mix msgs and inconsistent brochure notifications as some say included and others don’t. It’s so frustrating as it appears I won’t know till it arrives 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I’m working on assumption it’s not included.

·
Registered
986 Posts
hi everyone,
Newbie here awaiting new Kuga ST Lines build then arrival. Enjoying reading threads/convos on site 👍🏻 I purchased the st line assuming what was in brochure was in/on car however found a few discrepancies so contacted salesman who confirmed that the wireless charging pad is no longer inc it’s an additional £150 cost and as a person with osteoarthritis of joints I assumed 🙈 that car come with reverse parking both cameras & parking sensors but again told no the camera is part of an additional drivers assist package at a cost of £1,200 😱. For one I don’t have additional large monies now these cars don’t come cheap 😂 and after I spoke to salesman he stated this couldn’t be added now as order is processed although not built any time soon 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is there any good car manufacturers or garages that could fit just a reverse park camera as this will be so beneficial for me. I’ve read previous threads re Cams on st line X but no comparison to the St Line. Thanks in advance all 👍🏻
Reversing camera was made standard on all but Zetec in MY21. Front camera is (and always has been) part of the Driver Assistance Pack. Note that both cameras were an option in MY20 cars, sounds like the dealer isn't up to speed on the specs.

Unless changed very recently this means the rear camera will be included in the build.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was questioning the dealer too, I'm sure you can/could change the Order/Build if it's not yet built, but just placed. You would most likely go to the back of the queue and the dealers probably going to be "put out" a little bit. Sounds like a crappy dealer/salesman to me, but what do I know :)

As per @Gregs24, I think if it's just the rear you want, you should be ok.

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST Line PHEV, 19" Wheels with Tech and Winter Packs
30 Posts
A reversing camera should be standard on every car, but like you I missed this off the checklist.
Having checking into this there appears to be two approaches, but both come in about £500 fitted.
One is integrated into the head unit with software, the other approach has a separate box that does the software integration. I have not proceeded yet and I want to be sure that the graduated lines and turning circles are all features of what is installed, I do not want just a camera

·
Registered
986 Posts
A reversing camera should be standard on every car, but like you I missed this off the checklist.
Having checking into this there appears to be two approaches, but both come in about £500 fitted.
One is integrated into the head unit with software, the other approach has a separate box that does the software integration. I have not proceeded yet and I want to be sure that the graduated lines and turning circles are all features of what is installed, I do not want just a camera
OP will have the camera on his car as explained above. In your case if you want the full integration with parking guides you will need the OEM camera. The main issue is whether the wiring is in place for it or not, if it is it will be a much easier job.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really miss the 360 degree cameras from the mirror housing. (which is an optional extra for Asian market)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts