Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm a prospective 2020+ Kuga owner (currently have a 2019 Kuga)
Can anyone with a 2020+ ST Line X tell me whether or not it has a heated steering wheel as standard please?
The paperwork all says no but that you can add it with the winter pack but there is no winter pack option for this modeland most of the winter pack is included as standard!
Ford won't respond (waited 8+ weeks). Ford dealer says it's included but I'm sceptical because the paperwork all says 'optional' but it just isn't an option to add anywhere on the ford car builder or on lease sites. It's all just silent as if it's not actually possible or they forgot to mention it's in as standard!

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - I'm a prospective 2020+ Kuga owner (currently have a 2019 Kuga)
Can anyone with a 2020+ ST Line X tell me whether or not it has a heated steering wheel as standard please?
The paperwork all says no but that you can add it with the winter pack but there is no winter pack option for this modeland most of the winter pack is included as standard!
Ford won't respond (waited 8+ weeks). Ford dealer says it's included but I'm sceptical because the paperwork all says 'optional' but it just isn't an option to add anywhere on the ford car builder or on lease sites. It's all just silent as if it's not actually possible or they forgot to mention it's in as standard!

Thank you!
Hi - it’s not standard , it’s part of the winter pack !
Thanks - but the 'ST Line X' doesn't have a winter pack option when you build online or on a lease site or when I asked the dealer - only the 'ST Line' (without the X)?? I'm so confused!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my car back in November so it could have changed . I was torn between the st line or st line x . The document the dealer sent me for 2021.25 equipment specs didn’t say it was standard on any cars , that’s all I’m going off . Happy to email it to you if you’d like it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought my car back in November so it could have changed . I was torn between the st line or st line x . The document the dealer sent me for 2021.25 equipment specs didn’t say it was standard on any cars , that’s all I’m going off . Happy to email it to you if you’d like it
Thank you - I've got the docs. My issue is working out how on earth to actually add it and what people actually have in practice when there's no option to add a winter pack and the dealer telling me it is standard when I ask them how to add it whereas the docs all say it's not standard. I don't trust the documentation when the options aren't actually selectable anywhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was hoping to find an answer here after looking to start an order with my local dealer but it looks as if no-one really knows! On balance it looks as if the ST-X does not get a heated wheel :confused:

It's made confusing because the price guide was updated in October 2020 for MY2021.25, yet the online brochures are still old 2020 versions (MY2020.5) and show you could add a Winter Pack to the STX that included a heated wheel (and rear seats). Only heated front seats were standard on MY2020.5 STX cars. I'm not sure if there was a further 2020.75 update that changed things again, apart from pricing?).

For new build orders (from now onwards), these will be 2021 versions (MY2021.25) (price guide last updated 5th Oct) this has renamed the trim levels to "Edition" models e.g. ST Line Edition, Titanium Edition etc.
  • ST Line (Edition): does not come with any heated seats, or heated wheel as standard. You can spec a Winter Pack (£400) that adds heated front seats and heated steering wheel. Note the pack does not include heated rear seats (nor can you add heated rear seats as an extra option it seems).
  • ST Line X (Edition): Comes with heated front seats and heated rear seats as standard. It does not look as if this includes a heated steering wheel (nor can you add one as an option).
Heated wheel is standard on the Vignale (along with heated front and rear seats)

You're right in that you can't add any Winter Pack to get a heated wheel on the STX trim level. However, it's confusing because the online build summary lists "Winter Pack" on the summary page. Unless there's some misprint/mistakes on the price guide, it may just be that Ford have tweaked the options to exclude the heated wheel from the standard build "winter pack" on the STX and give you heated rear seats instead? It still seems weird that you can get it on the ST Line and not the STX, but then you can't get heated rear seats on the ST-Line!

Usually dealers can nip outside and check some cars that have already been built to confirm things like this, but because I don't think any MY2021.25 cars have come through yet it's still a mystery as to whether you'll get a heated wheel or not on a STX.

In theory you might be able to get an ST-X from Ford stock that was built in 2020 with a winter pack, or spec a new 2021 ST Line with winter pack (but you lose heated rear seats)?

If anyone else knows any more please let us all know! Thanks :)

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - On Order, exp March 21
30 Posts

There are people on the Facebook groups who have the ST LINE X and have the HSW, one of them posted the above table, unsure where it came from but here you go.....

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - On Order, exp March 21
30 Posts

"I can confirm my 2021.25 Build ST Line X Edition has heated front and rear seats and heated steering wheel. I did not choose a winter pack, it just now comes with it on the latest spec."

·
3,099 Posts
Similar things are happening in Australia (where options packs are very limited- you get what Ford wants to give you.)

The newest Vignale build here has apparently lost the heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and paddle shifters! Not bad going Ford Australia considering the update Escape model has only been on sale here since late 2020. People aren't sure what they're going to get delivered and are of course disappointed to pay the same price and get less.

There's only a plain "Escape", ST Line and Vignale models available. All with the 2.0l EcoBoost/ 8 speed auto- nothing else available.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
There's only a plain "Escape", ST Line and Vignale models available. All with the 2.0l EcoBoost/ 8 speed auto- nothing else available.
It seems Ford are running the Australia operation down the same as Holden have just done.
Start looking for your next Kia or Hyundai.

Reactions: Les

·
Registered
215 Posts
Similar things are happening in Australia (where options packs are very limited- you get what Ford wants to give you.)

The newest Vignale build here has apparently lost the heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and paddle shifters! Not bad going Ford Australia considering the update Escape model has only been on sale here since late 2020. People aren't sure what they're going to get delivered and are of course disappointed to pay the same price and get less.

Not sure about Australia but WLTP effect in Europe means all car options have to be tested for WLTP. As in if you fit an option then you have to retest the car with the option for WLTP. This means options lists are getting much smaller.

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
38 Posts
Hello all, I’m getting my new Kuga ST Line X Edition on March 1st, my second Kuga after a Mk2. It was ordered end of Nov with factory options and arrived at the dealership in Jan, we’ve held off delivery for the new number plate. I didn’t think it would come with a rear camera or heated rear seats and steering wheel, but having seen this thread and looked into it online I’m hopeful it will have them. I thought it was odd I couldn’t add the winter pack. Does anyone know if a car built in Dec/early Jan is likely to have these? The camera would be the most helpful as we’re towers. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Can you not go to the dealer and see and inspect the car?

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
38 Posts
Can you not go to the dealer and see and inspect the car?
I ordered the car through an online broker and it’ll be delivered on a transporter truck, so at this point I don’t have any direct contact with whoever the supplying dealer is, who probably won’t be local to me.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,058 Posts
Why not just get in touch with the broker or dealer who should be able to confirm the details

·
Registered
972 Posts
Get the reg number or vin number then try Etis to see what build it is

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why not just get in touch with the broker or dealer who should be able to confirm the details
I did think about it but the broker keeps the supplying dealer details to themselves at this stage but would I’m sure forward the question on for me. Pretty sure the broker won’t know themselves as they just go from the spec list on their own website and I’m not 100% sure when the spec changed and they added those items as standard. If I’d got longer to wait I’d ask, but this time next week the car’s arriving so I might as well wait and see! Hoping they’ll be included now, think my car was built in December as it arrived at the dealership in January at some point.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts