Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I get that message but now I leave it,,it goes away after a few seconds,,with the ambient lights I have only changed the lights once since I have had the kuga.

Ross

·
Registered
35 Posts
Please let me know, if you figure out how to get rid of it. I have decided just to leave it alone, if goes away when the car moves, so im starting to ignore it for a few secs but yes, would love to see it go completely away.

I think the developer forgot the tick box, where you can allow this box to never appear again, it is always there on so many other screens.
Press the OK button and it goes. Any warning that comes up with an OK box can be deleted by the OK button.
Now I have a question. I have the PHEV ST Liine X and at the end of a run there is some useful data about the journey but totally obscured by the Alarm status box. Anyone know how to get rid? Tks

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Go into alarm settings and disable the option for full or part guard option ....no more option screen then when shutting car down

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I took delivery of a Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition in March just as the lockdown started. Having studied the brochures and not being able to view a sample of the model as deliveries had yet to start, I took the brochures and price list as gospel. Therefore I was surprised to find that the delivered vehicle didn't have a driver's seat memory function, despite all the brochures clearly stating that it did (not the current ones but the ones from December 2019 through March 2020). Has anyone else tried to get compensation for this? If so what did you do?
Ford are hiding behind the disclaimer in their brochures which say that they are allowed to change product specifications as part of their product development. How product development can cause complete removal of a feature, I am not sure.
Apart from that - great vehicle.
Chrsi J

·
Registered
156 Posts
Totally forgot about that .... yes I did recall a memory function in blurb mine built march 2020
St line x first edition and doesnt have memory function ....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Good look with the compensation route. They can change anything they want to basically and will rely on you to check the specification on collection. Removing a feature is no different to adding one in some respects or they could decide to drop it in all models but keep it say for the Vignale. I for one am not in favour of memory positions on seats after pressing one of the buttons on a rover sterling years ago and found myself jammed between the seat and the steering wheel and none of the other 3 memory buttons had been set lol. I was stuck and as it wasn't my car I didn't know where the other seat position buttons were.

On the subject of manufacturer doing what they like, in 2014 I bought a brand new LG TV and I bought it because it had LG's unique IPS panel. This is how it was advertised on their website. As panels in TVs are a lottery I wanted to make sure the TV I bought had a panel made by the manufacturer. Imagine buying a BMW or Audi to find it has a Vauxhall or Loncin engine in it. Not saying they are bad engines but you would expect it to be one of their own if described as such. No different is it and as Samsung use four different manufacturers for panels n their TVs I went for LG. For some reason I had to question the panel in the TV and had it confirmed it was a different type of panel and not made by LG at all. I complained to Curry's and LG but they just said I should have refused the TV in the first thirty days. My daughter bought the same TV and hers broke which I fixed and hers didn't have an LG panel either. My TV developed the same fault about a year later. Luckily mine was on extended guarantee and it was repaired.These were not low end of budget TVs but possibly made to a lesser spec just before the next year's launch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Totally forgot about that .... yes I did recall a memory function in blurb mine built march 2020
St line x first edition and doesnt have memory function ....
I picked up my ST line X first edition on the 26th June 2020 after production started up again in early May in Valencia, and i have got the 10 way power adjustable drivers seat only . The brochure makes no mention of a memory function for the drivers seat. The brochure is dated September 2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my ST line X first edition on the 26th June 2020 after production started up again in early May in Valencia, and i have got the 10 way power adjustable drivers seat only . The brochure makes no mention of a memory function for the drivers seat. The brochure is dated September 2019.
This image is from the price list dated 2 Dec 2019 and still current in March 2020. The brochures from that period have similar statements about seat memory but only for the ST-Line X rather than the First Edition.
1598351217448.png

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes thought I had seen it mine STline X first Edition.... no memory function .... which I found really useful on my wife’s Hyundai Sante fe when we both shared cars ......Not to worry I will just settle for one that doesn’t potentially self combust when it gets rectified and forego the seat option

21 - 32 of 32 Posts