Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
2020 Ford Kuga ST-Line X 1st edition 1.5 Petrol
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have had my new Kuga just over a week now.......
And I LOVE it!
I've got the Manual ST-LINE X 1.5 Petrol, I have a few questions if anyone can help it would be much appreciated........

1) Can I get wind deflectors if so where from?
2) Can I get a Bonnet protector?
3) Can the colour of the ambient lights be changed?
4) Every time I start my car I get a safety warning on my screen.. Can I stop that from popping up?
5) Can rear footwell lights be added?
6) Is it possible to change the wallpaper on the screen to say a picture of my car?
7) ...... More questions to follow lol.....

Registered
Hi Shaggy79 Welcome to the forum,lots of helpful folks on here to help you with your questions.
i have Henko wind deflectors you can get them from Amazon,eBay plus other places,,there are also climair which you can get from Ford and other places.
yes you can get a bonnet protect ,,(not sure where from haven鈥檛 looked myself),,you can change the colour of the ambient lights,,must have engine on then got through the menu on sync ( not sure what year your kuga is).....what is the safety warning on your screen?
i know a few here have put rear footwell lights in their kuga,,they can answer your question.
if you have sync 3,, no you cant change the wallpaper on the screen for your picture.
don鈥檛 be afraid to ask anything about the kuga even if it sounds bizarre someone here could help you,,,or just come here for the banter.

there will be the a few more folks here to help you as well,,if you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice in the future.

Ross

Registered
Welcome Shaggy79,
It鈥檚 a great forum with really helpful and knowledgeable folk on here. Enjoy your new Kuga.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Ross J, Thanks for the reply.
I have the new Kuga 2020 (1st edition). I can't seem to find any wind deflectors to fit they are all up to 2019 models?
I have Sync 3 so no wallpaper change... And still can't see ambient light colors?

Les, thanks for the warm welcome..
I love my new Kuga lol..

Registered
Ok,,I thought you might have had a mk2.5 not a MK 3...
as it鈥檚 a new model perhaps no one has made any wind deflectors just yet... not sure about the sync 3 on the MK3 I guess it鈥檚 the same..have you actually got ambient light?
on mine for the ambient light when you go through the menu on the screen it鈥檚 a lighter colour grey,,looks like not lit up,,when you turn the ignition on the it鈥檚 goes brighter like all the other menu settings.
would be better if you posted your questions under
Any new Kuga 2020 owners
enjoy your motor and hopefully find the answers you are looking for

Ross

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ross J, thanks again for your reply.... ive had a look and I think its not available to change the colour of the ambient light.. (I have ambient light) .
I'm a bit disappointed about it tbh...
I will take a picture when I can ?

Registered
Ford Explorer with sync3 ambient light

Banned
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
On my kuga 2020, ambient light is nothing but a blue colour which can be changed in brightness on 8" screen, but nothing like previous ambient lighting on kuga 2017 if option purchased, where you had a full palette of colours to change it to.

Reactions: Shaggy79

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
dexterPicard, yes that is what I have 鈽. A bit gutted tbh...

This is the safety warning I get on every start.... Can it be stopped?

20200802_143544.jpg

Banned
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
This is the safety warning I get on every start.... Can it be stopped?
Please let me know, if you figure out how to get rid of it. I have decided just to leave it alone, if goes away when the car moves, so im starting to ignore it for a few secs but yes, would love to see it go completely away.

I think the developer forgot the tick box, where you can allow this box to never appear again, it is always there on so many other screens.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Please let me know, if you figure out how to get rid of it. I have decided just to leave it alone, if goes away when the car moves, so im starting to ignore it for a few secs but yes, would love to see it go completely away.

I think the developer forgot the tick box, where you can allow this box to never appear again, it is always there on so many other screens.
Its so annoying 馃お... I know it only pops up for a few seconds but its really getting to me now 馃が.
There's a few things that could have made this car so much better (little things really)
like when you change driving mode (Normal,Eco, Sport etc) the ambient lights should change colour to match it....
Ambient lights in rear footwell would also be a nice touch.

Registered
It's no different to the seat belt information on the MK2. I don't need to see it for 10 seconds or however long it's on for. It should default to whatever the list setting was which is the digital speed. Ford need to get a grip on whoever programs their infotainment systems.

Super Moderator
Ford has ditched SYNC3 in the upcoming Mustang and SYNC 4 is Android-based. SYNC3 is based on the Blackberry OS IIRC and the problem is that no one bothers to write good code for an obsolete OS/

Registered
That's just crazy going with blackberry. Perhaps the windows guys were busy on other things to be bothered about sync 3.

I have used android since 2008 and have always found it to be good to use. Android phone and tablet, windows for work and MacBook and windows for home.

Anyone who thinks android is complicated needs to buy a Sony TV lol. Am I digressing again?? My car does have a Sony entertainment system.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I have a android phone (Samsung) a Windows PC and laptop. Also an iPad (just to use with my drones).
Ford should of gone with sync 4 in the new Kugas imo.
Just tried to test my heated steering wheel and it don't seem to get that warm at all, has anybody tried there's yet?

Registered
I have a heated steering wheel in my 2017 model it gets nice and warm in winter.

Ross.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I have a heated steering wheel in my 2017 model it gets nice and warm in winter.

Ross.
I had a courtesy car last year think it was a 2017 or 2018 Eco Sport the heated steering wheel on that was awsome! but mine is nothing like that !?

Super Moderator
It's no different to the seat belt information on the MK2. I don't need to see it for 10 seconds or however long it's on for. It should default to whatever the list setting was which is the digital speed. Ford need to get a grip on whoever programs their infotainment systems.
On the Mk 2 all you have to do is press the OK button when the belt info comes up..Gone!

Registered
Have the navigation warning in the mk2.5 also, it only happens if the home or nav screen is on by default, if you鈥檙e on the audio screen it doesn鈥檛 happen, or you can press ok to dismiss it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts