Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Simple one this, on the new Kuga 2020 model how do you remove the interior fuse box cover in the passenger footwell? I’m installing a dash cam hardwire kit.
it’s quite large and you can pull it up so far but that’s it. When I tried pushing it back it wouldn’t click back in. Never known a fuse box so hard to access. Wouldn’t like to have a fuse blow in bad weather at night, I imagine it would be a nightmare to attempt to change such a simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Sorry, can’t help, even the manual only shows instructions for engine bay fusebox, and overall there are some new shaped fuses in there

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks very similar to my new puma fuse box. Pain in arse to get at in engine compartment. Two big cable connectors to manipulate then remove whole fuse box from car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So some pictures to help understand the layout after you’ve taken the trim and fuse panel off.
the top picture shows the mounting points circled that you clip the cover into.
the bottom photo shows the fuse box cover with the bottom clip circled.
The two top holes circled show the mounting holes that attach the top part of the trim to the dash.
The two sections are joined together with 2 plastic clips.
Hopefully all this can help someone lol.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Which fuse did you select, that is not draining the battery and turns off after 10-15 minutes? i do not know if the fuse number is a match to the older kuga version, which worked fine for me, but i am about to move to next mini-project, adding my dashcam :) So nice to know which fuse might be useful here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at the fuse layout, surely fuse no.4 which is for the ignition would be the right one? It’s only live when the engine is on. The dash cam fuse simple piggybacks that fuse which is 10A.
If any one knows differently please let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts