The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,602 Posts
Welcome to the form.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,374 Posts
Hi and welcome, are you referring to part of the body kit on the outside of the door. If so they just clip on. If you remove it you will need new clips to refit it.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
Thank you for that are they easy to pop off ?
You need a trim tool removal kit. Something like this. This is just one I picked at random. I would suggest having a look around amazon and getting one that has the most tools for the least cost.

US Pro 11 Piece Mini Panel Trim Removal Molding Tool Set 5407 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

This is the one I bought which is great but no longer available.
flintronic 14Pcs Auto removal tool, ( 11 Pcs Blue Panels Trim Kit with 1*Fastener Rivet Clip and 2*Audio Removal Keys, Include Storage Bag ) Durable Nylon Fiber for Car audio system, Dashboard, Marine, Aircraft and other interior accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Reactions: davidoff and NigelB

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need a trim tool removal kit. Something like this. This is just one I picked at random. I would suggest having a look around amazon and getting one that has the most tools for the least cost.

US Pro 11 Piece Mini Panel Trim Removal Molding Tool Set 5407 : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

This is the one I bought which is great but no longer available.
flintronic 14Pcs Auto removal tool, ( 11 Pcs Blue Panels Trim Kit with 1*Fastener Rivet Clip and 2*Audio Removal Keys, Include Storage Bag ) Durable Nylon Fiber for Car audio system, Dashboard, Marine, Aircraft and other interior accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
Thanks for the info I shall have a look on amazon and get a set which one of the tools should I use to remove the plastic trimer or does it not really matter?
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
Thanks for the info I shall have a look on amazon and get a set which one of the tools should I use to remove the plastic trimer or does it not really matter?
Thanks in advance
Any that are plastic and man enough for the job lol. The one which is metal ended with a fork at the end is for pulling off the plastic rivets which car manufactures like to use. That's not for the door panel you want to take off.

It's hard to say which is for which and more a case of use what you think works the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any that are plastic and man enough for the job lol. The one which is metal ended with a fork at the end is for pulling off the plastic rivets which car manufactures like to use. That's not for the door panel you want to take off.

It's hard to say which is for which and more a case of use what you think works the best.
Ok thanks again. I shall post how I get on

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
74 Posts
Dent removal man removed mine without the tools, broke two clips, scratch the paint under the trim and distorted the panel. Did a good job on the original ding though. Not pleased! My advice would be don’t attempt without tools and locate the clip positions before applying pressure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dent removal man removed mine without the tools, broke two clips, scratch the paint under the trim and distorted the panel. Did a good job on the original ding though. Not pleased! My advice would be don’t attempt without tools and locate the clip positions before applying pressure
Thanks for the advice I shall go slowly until I get it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts