Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve recently got a 2017 tit x and my EPB does not release automatically when I drive away either forwards or backwards, I have to manually release the button/lever to take off the handbrake. i have had a look on the forum and have been able to find info on St line but not tit x. Would any other tit x owners please let me know how their EPB operate, ie will they auto release or manual. If mine if faulty I could get the dealer to fix it. Does anyone know where I can find the official Ford information.
thanks Jeffb

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I found if you touch brakes and them immediately drove off it worked

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Go to search engine (google etc) and type in ford download owners manual. Enter VIN for best results, open owners manual PDF and have look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also just found that page thank you Psshaw. Following the instructions my EPB does not automatically release.There is no mention of dabbing the brake pedal in the instructions. after Phoneman suggested this I have tried it and it definitely works. I think there is a bit of a knack, as I did not get the EPB to release every time I dabbed the brake it worked most of the time. I sure after a few attempts I will get the hang of it. Thanks for all the help much appreciated. Does this mean my EPB system is faulty as it does not work as per Fords instructions.? Any other ideas.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
No 2, press brake pedal to manually release brake pedal.

I’m sure if or when there was a swop over to auto release. Over to a guru.....

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
On my 2.0 TDCI Tit manual, the engine revs have to be over 1250 rpm...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try the above 1250 tonight Thanks Guzzilazz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Increase the revs slightly as Jeffb suggests. Works every time.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
44 Posts
I have had mine for a month, and i never knew that. I have been manually taking it off. Just tried it and now realise it works automatically. I am no help, but interesting to know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone, I’ve finally found time to check the car, i found the increased revs definitely works. Just above 1250 and the Parking break releases as the clutch engages both first and reverse every time great thanks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Result.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi everyone, I’ve finally found time to check the car, i found the increased revs definitely works. Just above 1250 and the Parking break releases as the clutch engages both first and reverse every time great thanks.
1250 is the revs where the "hill hold" or whatever it is called drops out too. Will have to check Auto release on a petrol auto.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I expect the only reason I never could get the parking brake to auto release is i get the car moving with little or no throttle then push the go peddle as the car moves off as much as is required.
I am not used to reving the engine much while a pull away or manoeuvring. Anyway the auto release works which is the main thing.
thanks for everyone’s input.
jeffb

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Jeffb, please remember that whilst the forum is free to join....all posts that ask a question and is successfully resolved attracts a “premium” price of £250. You will find that you will be billed through the intermediate agent “swizzed.com” and this will appear on your statement within the next 7 working days.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Glad it’s all worked out. Now just to work out how to get the white Vignale model to release the handbrake when in reverse. ?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Glad it’s all worked out. Now just to work out how to get the white Vignale model to release the handbrake when in reverse. ?
Is it just electric that you operate with button or is it automatic and comes on when you stop. The only reason I ask is I see some "lazy options" on the later and models up from mine which appear to go wrong and are expensive to put right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Psshaw, Mine releases the same foreword or revers just above 1250 rpm and the brake releases as the clutch bites. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
The epb is of fantastic convenience when towing. Came out of a site yesterday (Battle Normanhurst Court) and the slope onto the main road is about 1 in not many. It's great knowing that I only have to welly it and worry about clutch bite rather than release the brake...

As For smartguy69 issue, I think it's an undocumented feature on his particular vehicle...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts