Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 (67 plate)Ford Kuga and the roof is leaking on the rear passenger side causing the roof lining to get very wet, smell damp & now has lots of water stain marks. Is this likely to be a leak from the roof rails & if so how easy is it to fix on this model. Also the roof lining is wet & stained, how easy is it to dry and & remove the staining or is it likely to need a new roof lining?
I would appreciate any advice from someone who had similar problems.
Thanks.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,749 Posts
Well, it was reported to be one of many leaks identified by owners and this was resolved by new rubber gasket and/or some clear sealant being applied.
As to the staining, you could try a-spray on stain removal like “fanish” or maybe a steam cleaner.
If I had sealed it and stopped the leak I think a professional interior clean would be my next port of call.
keep us all updated and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it was reported to be one of many leaks identified by owners and this was resolved by new rubber gasket and/or some clear sealant being applied.
As to the staining, you could try a-spray on stain removal like “fanish” or maybe a steam cleaner.
If I had sealed it and stopped the leak I think a professional interior clean would be my next port of call.
keep us all updated and thanks for posting.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,701 Posts
@Ollie1964 - have a read here.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,141 Posts
If its leakage on rear passenger side headlining area only IMO it can only be one thing and thats the roof rails, that areas nowhere near the screen, water doesnt flow uphill and as @Psshaw says once its thoroughly dried out I think a steam cleaner may be best option for staining problem

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ollie1964,
Mine was leaking from the tailgate flexy cable which wasn’t seated properly into the bodywork. I had a large wet patch above the rear seatbelt area and also a large patch above the front A pillar. I didn’t think a leak at the back would allow the water to flow to the front but it did and I didn’t realise how much could get in around the grommet, it made all the boot and boot liner soaking. Mine was done under warranty luckily ( after they though it was the sun roof and changed it) and they dried it out but leaving the car in one of their paint ovens overnight. Luckily mine has the black roof lining so nothing shows at all, no musty smells either. There are loads of posts on here regarding water leaks. Loads have had probs with the roof rails, but loads have also had probs with the flexy cable seals, worth checking both. Good luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts