Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with Sync 3, whereby it doesn't power on after it appears to have updated?

It doesn't come on and the USB sockets don't appear to be providing power either.

I tried a button reset of holding the power button and next track buttons, which seemed to kick it back in to some life, where the Ford logo was shown, however it just cycles through that for 2 or 3 times, then goes off again.

I've done quite a bit of "Googling" but can't find a definitive answer on it.

Is there another button sequence to perform a hard reset etc. that I've not been able to find?

Bit of a sticky situation with whats going on in the world at the moment and not being able to get in touch with the dealership we purchased it from, so just thought it was worth a shot on here.

Thanks for looking and any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You could try pulling fuse F67 in passenger side glove box and leaving it out for about 20 minutes. It’s the supply for sync module , might be worth a go

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
I had similar isssues with black screen after a faulty (wrong) update of sync 3. I thought i had to goto the dealer to repair but found a solution on the web.
If you never get it to work , then look at this site.

Not only will you get the latest 3.4 upgrade, but it seems maps are now at F9, which were not the case when i updated mine some weeks back, i got only F8 . But now its not important as car is being replaced.

But the procedure works, and even if you do not see anything on the black screen the procedure will eventually show you the boot screen where you can flash new firmware from a usb dongle.

But of course, there are no warranty, but if you screen is already black, you can hardly get it worse than this.

Note: The procedure is almost like flashing a completely new mobile, with a new Android firmware, or imagine your pc has failed and cannot boot windows10, and you install windows10 from 0 again. That is the procedure they explain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts