Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2015 2.0d 180ps awd.
108000 miles full service history.
After and only then under load (towing a caravan) its ok whilst not towing, up a long hill at a constant speed or a flat road for a distance with cruise control on.
It suddenly looses all power and can cut out. The message "service now" is displayed. Once this has happened usually after about 8 miles, it reoccurs about every 5-10mins or 1 mile.
It is very scarey on M25 going over Dartford crossing with Wife in car.
Ok again with out towing caravan.
Its got a new battery on it, but think if it was that it would do it with out caravan on.
Help Please
Regards
Steve

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Was the transmission fluid changed at 35k, 70k and 105k ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, it is awd but with manual gearbox.
I have only just bought it, 1 week, but was told and have the service book that it has a full service history.
The garage(not Ford) I bought it from said it only needed the fuel filter changing and it didnt fault on road test.
But I haven't got it back yet to try it on motorway, which concerns me.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Sorry, assumed an auto but at that mileage the rear diff fluid most definitely needs checking/changing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a stability warning light came on dash for about 10 mins before it lost power. I think there were fault codes for lean emissions and low fuel rail pressure but they weren't present after restarting engine, until it happened again.

·
Premium Member
Kuga Titanium X 2014
78 Posts
When was its last service? has it been serviced by a ford or reputable branch? (their servicing is much more extensive)

like @NigelB mentioned, rear diff could do with a service i did look into myself for my 2014 60K kuga but it didn't look like a simple job so i didn't bother and will look into that when mileage is a bit higher.

Diagnostic plug in may help too? cars dont generally cut out for a service issue so my thoughts could be a sensor picking up something under load but then your not left with a management light on which is odd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I seem to remember reading that high mileage 2.0d duratorq engines can suffer with Diesel injectors leaking back to much fuel causing lean burn and low fuel pressure in high pressure fuel rails. Which shows up under constant load for a continuous length of time. But cant find that info again, I presume diesel injectors are expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts