Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2015 Kuga in February 19. It was perfect for about 4months. Then the engine service now light started to come on and limp mode every time I drove the car. It was due a service as Id done around 9,000miles so booked it in with my local trustworthy mechanic. For approx. 3weeks before the service, no issues and no reoccurrence of the light or limp mode. 4weeks after servicing, light back on. Comes on every time I drive round a left hand bend/corner in 2nd or 4th gear and into limp mode. Was back with garage for two days, computer fault showing oil temperature sensor fault therefore garage contacted ford regarding this to get the part. The ford people stated there’s no oil temperature setting in the Kuga so recommended changing the solenoid, this was done but no change. My garage then borrowed a brand new computer which came up with same fault and gave a live oil temperature reading which stated it was low. I have the car back and light on every journey unless I turn right out of my street and drive relatively straight/stay out of 2nd gear turning left. At my wits end completely! Garage investigating to see if they can figure out the problem as don’t want to stick parts in it if they’re not needed.

Has anyone any experience of the oil temperature sensor fault or have any possible solutions? Someone has mentioned it may be the instrument cluster but again, I don’t want to throw parts (and money) at it in a trial and error sort of way! The car will be going to trustford for diagnostics as soon as possible as I can’t cope with it driving like a pig constantly.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum Laura. Can you post some more details on your Kuga- what country do you live in, what engine is fitted (size is given as 2.0, is it a diesel) and what transmission has it got?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you speak with the garage where you purchased the car from regarding the problem? Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the garage is still liable for the repair of the car for 6 months from purchase date and they have to repair it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Guys, only getting round to checking the thread again now! I’m in the UK. It’s a 2015 2.0L 2WD TDCI zetec. Sadly I have the car 8months now. Think it’s going to be a trip to Ford. I have so must trust in my current mechanic that I seriously begrudge paying Ford as they’ll likely stick an arm in. Diagnostic code is P019700. Vaccum solenoid has been changed as that’s what ford told my mechanic to be the likely problem. Three computers showing same code and say oil temperature low. ??‍♀ Heart is broken. Had a 10year old 107 before this and never an issue with it! Basic may be better?! Though was never going to tow my horsebox. Saying that, scared to tow at the minute with the Kuga as I have a big horse and the loss of power when the light comes on would worry me for towing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Perhaps you could get the wiring harness checked for chafing which could be aggravated when turning left or selecting 2nd or 4th gear. It may be shorting out and giving false sensor reading to ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts