Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , looked around and there seems to be different colours for touchup paints ie sparkle silver , machine silver, and gloss silver anyone found the right one ?

cheers graham

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,423 Posts
I would be interested to know the different silver touch up paints as well if anyone has the answer.

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
81 Posts
I am quite sure Brilliant Silver is the silver used on ST Line. From what I understand, Sparkle Silver was succeeded by Brilliant silver in 2008. So I reckon SWMBOs alloys are Brilliant silver.(cropped photo taken with my phone)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Light

Alloys on both my 2004 Rover 75s I know for certain are Sparkle Silver. The Kuga Alloys have a somewhat metal look.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant

Wheel Sky Automotive parking light Tire Cloud

Scooby does a Siver alloy for the Kuga, I was going to ask if he could send me a touch up sample to try on one of SWMBO's alloys that has blistered, but never got round to it.

·
6,423 Posts
I may give them a try. A couple of my spokes are starting to deteriorate and it would be good to catch them before they get worse.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you spotted the 1990-2011, that is some serious typo.
I have nothing to do with Scooby.
One other thing. The primer might be ok, doubt if the base is cellulose so best to ask, not sure about the clear coat either best to ask what it is also. If you are doing it at home outside, I would go for non iso 2k clearcoat, use a good respirator. Pretty sure it can be bought in rattle cans, I use a DeVilbiss.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those wheels are my wheels DEV , I need a touchup to cover a few chips , will try the bright silver .

GW

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
243 Posts
my previous kuga had silver wheels I had the fronts refurbed a week after having them done a hit a kerb in an unfirmilar car park, I messaged the guy and he dropped me some touch up off, he wrote on the label Moondust Silver

Reactions: weavo56

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my previous kuga had silver wheels I had the fronts refurbed a week after having them done a hit a kerb in an unfirmilar car park, I messaged the guy and he dropped me some touch up off, he wrote on the label Moondust Silver
Thats very interesting thanks for the info will look into that . AH what year was your Kuga ?

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
243 Posts
2016 titanium

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2016 titanium
You said previous kuga , did you have one before the 2016 or was it the wheels on the 2016 car ?

GW

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had the Sparkle silver paint delivered so will try it to see if it matches .

GW

·
6,423 Posts
I read that all ford wheels where moondust silver in the 2000 era but times change. I may try a moondust silver touch up on mine and report back. We have a paint supply shop near us who can match just about any colour and all he needs is a sample of what the original is. I will check next time I go as any automotive paint supplier should be able to do the same. He matched the silver for my motorbike swinging arm perfectly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bought my first Kuga in Feb 20 some f##### ran into the back of me in December and it got written off, got the replacement in January this year, both 66 plates

·
Registered
81 Posts
I read that all ford wheels where moondust silver in the 2000 era but times change.
Ahh. You could be right. About 3 years ago I made a Predator helmet to wear at Motorcycle shows and GoldWing events.

Helmet Grey Automotive design Headgear Gas

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Machine

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

I do not know where it came from, but I had a ford Moondust Silver rattle can, so I used it to spray the helmet, and gave it 3 coats of 2k clearcoat. It is still on the shelf, and there is some left. So as the sun will be out all day tomorrow, I will pop the wheel off and repair the blister. Will take some close up before and after shots, as soon as the clearcoat has flashed over, will post the results.
Fluid Cylinder Gas Audio equipment Font

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok. repaired the blistering using Moondust Silver. Being such a small area, it was difficult not to apply the base coat too thick. It seemed to me to be more metallic than the original. I blended it towards the hub, but the original is not Moondust
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Have some sparkle silver somewhere if it is still any good I will try it.

Attachments

·
6,423 Posts
Waiting for the update. So not moondust then. Different amounts of clear lacquer may alter the colour.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts