Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been putting this job off for a while due to the amount of issues people seem to have with it and the subsequent starting issues!.

Anyway did mine today and it went without a hitch (luckily).

I invested in a Diesel Priming pump, a nice chap on Facebook was selling a premade kit, right tool for the job and all that!.

Theres a metal brace that needs removing, then 4 torx bolts for the filter top (I used T30 but I believe they are T35 that I didn't have!).

Take electrical connector off and both pipes of the lid then GENTLY remove it (rock side to side until it releases).

The pipe have locking clip in the middle that needs pulling up then push the sides down to unlock the pipe and pull (you shouldn't have to force the pipes off).

With the lid off you can replace the filter and suck out the diesel if you wish (I didn't), both self explanatory. Replace O ring and lube it with diesel.

Now the priming bit.. I connected the priming bulb between the feed line from the tank and the filter housing (IN), with other pipe (OUT) still disconnected and a rag under it I pumped fuel though until it exited the OUT fitting on the filter housing, so it was full to top.

I then connected the OUT pipe (supply to the engine) and pumped the Primer bulb a few more times until stiff.

With the Primer still connected I started the car and idled it for 5 minutes, turned engine off then removed the Primer hoses and fitted original pipe back to the IN fitting.

Started car again and put rest back together while checking for leaks, all good.

Went out for a 10 mile dive just because!, then a cup of tea!

20200202_085632.jpg
20200202_141208.jpg
20200202_142004.jpg
20200202_142023.jpg
20200202_143353.jpg

Last but not least, nice shot of my 2017 Powershift gearbox, but that's a different story altogether..
20200202_144812.jpg

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started straight up on the button this morning for my wife so job jobbed!. No bad to do at all really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts