Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to pair my phone it shows "Debond necessary" but when I press the phone button it only mutes the radio, Menu does nothing whilst muted. Is this a common issue? Will it reset if I remove the fuse for the stereo for an amount of time?

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
773 Posts
Hi & welcome to the forum,

Please take a minute to read this thread....

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your stereo, you could try a master reset first.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
When I try to pair my phone it shows "Debond necessary" but when I press the phone button it only mutes the radio, Menu does nothing whilst muted. Is this a common issue? Will it reset if I remove the fuse for the stereo for an amount of time?
Have you just acquired the car
When you get “ Debond necessary” it usually means the maximum number of phones (6) are bonded to the system so you have to debond one to connect another, however not all models have bluetooth connectivity in which case the phone buttons on the radio just mute and unmute the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just acquired the car, I can find 'Ford Audio' though so surely that suggests I have Bluetooth?? I'm just not getting any debond options.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Debonding is done through the media unit head unit, If you PM me your reg or vin number I can check for you if you have bluetooth fitted to car

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
871 Posts
What model / spec / year etc have you got?

You should be able to enter the BT (Bluetooth menu) and delete any old pairings or via phoneman's advice above!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2012 Titanium. I haven't got a BT menu at all but I definitely have BT. I've tried soft resets, removing the fuse and disconnecting the battery and still have nothing.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
871 Posts
2012 Titanium. I haven't got a BT menu at all but I definitely have BT. I've tried soft resets, removing the fuse and disconnecting the battery and still have nothing.
Try this:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts