Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered or if I am posting in the wrong part of the forum.

We are considering buying a used Kuga and have just looked at a 2012 model.

It’s keyless ignition but on the right hand side of the steering column there’s a cavity that looks like it could have housed a key ignition assembly.

I only noticed this as a pop out cover that otherwise would have shielded the cavity was missing.

Can anyone tell me what this is for please? My guess would be some kind of manual start system if the keyless system failed but I honestly don’t know.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered or if I am posting in the wrong part of the forum.

We are considering buying a used Kuga and have just looked at a 2012 model.

It’s keyless ignition but on the right hand side of the steering column there’s a cavity that looks like it could have housed a key ignition assembly.

I only noticed this as a pop out cover that otherwise would have shielded the cavity was missing.

Can anyone tell me what this is for please? My guess would be some kind of manual start system if the keyless system failed but I honestly don’t know.
See attached photo from manual
This will answer your question, it’s all to do if you cannot get it started
4EFF6900-3011-4234-BAF4-D5544E3F39F4.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry folks - another question.

The Kuga we’ve looked didn’t have a parcel shelf or boot floor panel to cover the spare wheel.

The guy at the used car place told us that these are optional extras on new models which is why they may not be there but he would check.

Does this ring true as it sounds a bit unlikely to me?

·
Registered
416 Posts
That’s rubbish they all come with a parcel shelf and floor panel,stay away from that used car place.

Ross

1 - 8 of 8 Posts