Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New user here, my friend picked up a 2011 Titanium yesterday. Seems pretty good and like it has every option ticked so she is very happy with it.

The maps need updating which after reading on here seems like it can be done so that's good. However I am of the frame of mind probably be better to swap out the entire headunit for something newer.

Can you recommend any good new headunits that would work with it? Preferably with Apple Carplay and also let her use the existing steering wheel controls and things like that. She has a reverse camera and parking sensors front and rear so they would also need to be retained and work with the new unit.

What bits would I need to get with it like fitting kits and stuff like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did going through a fair few posts looking for answers before finally signing up to ask directly. The thread you linked started in 2017 but there are a few recent posts so will go over them and see if I can get some recent info.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I did going through a fair few posts looking for answers before finally signing up to ask directly. The thread you linked started in 2017 but there are a few recent posts so will go over them and see if I can get some recent info.
Long post short. Not long fitted an Eonon GA 2175 Double Din unit but having to return it as it's just shat itself :mad::mad::mad:, so the OEM Sony Ford DAB CD6000 has gone back in.

I ordered a Kuga Mk 1 Double Din fitting kit from Dynamic Sounds (https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ford-kuga-2008-silver-double-din-car-stereo-fascia-stalk-antenna-fitting-kit.html).
The fascia takes a little bit of fettling to fit, but otherwise it was plug and play. The only downside I have found with fitting an aftermarket head unit, though it may not apply to all head units is that the unit only works with the ignition on despite a permanent +12v feed, the OEM Ford unit gave me max 1 hr playing time without ignition on. No biggie you say, except ignition on puts on the LED DRL's and the Climate Control system etc.

Not sure if it would've worked using Apple Carplay as it is Android OS. Parking sensors have no effect on a change of head unit. I got my reversing camera to work through it and all but the 'Voice' steering column control buttons work after mapping them.

If you need any more info I'll try and help.

Regards,

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts