Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone, Happy new year and all that stuff....I got around to trying to upgrade my Satnav only to find that it wont. even ford say that it will only upgrade, through them and a lot of money, up until 2016.....NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!
So the next solution was to change the entire head unit, for a third party one with DAB, Satnav and all the gubbins. Pleanty out there, but i was only to find that my particular Model seems to have a head unit with all the temperature controls built in and I cannot find an upgrade to replace it, and all the other photos of all the other Models do not On looking online, it seem that every other model is different to mine....WTF does anyone have a similar issue or do you just dont know you have?
Also solutions would be appreciated...Oh yeh just in case I havent said it .....HAPPY NEW YEAR.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum,if you could put details of your kuga in your signature it would help other forum users when you need help or advice,,I’m sure someone here can help you with your question.

Ross

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evert picture I have found shows a seperate climate control system to the head unit! this is all in one, just like am RS focus.

·
Registered
2011 Titanium 163 awd
50 Posts
Never seen one like that. Do you think it has been swapped for a non-Kuga one before you got the car?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It looks very similar to the one in this thread:

Unfortunately they also suggest it's not replaceable easily due to the integrated climate controls. I'd be inclined to pull it out of the dashboard and have a look at the wiring; you might be able to replace the fascia with a standard one, find the separate climate control module on eBay if the wiring loom is compatible, then fit a standard aftermarket stereo. Unlikely to be a cheap option though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats where im coming from i think. I have spoken to Ford and the garage in question says it is standard in a few variants of the 2011 model titanium, but its bloddy inconvenient. a climate contol console on ebay is around £200 the same for a stereo and the price of the surround........just for an up to date Sat Nav.........you gotta love google maps on a magnetic phone map! thanks for your comments though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m currently looking to buy a Titanium Mk1 and occasionally I come across these stereos. It’s any with a screen/nav unit all tend to be built into the heater controls. It instantly turns me off a car as I intend to replace the stereo with a car play variant when I do buy a Kuga.

Sorry that I can’t help any more than this. But it’s definitely not a 1 off to have that unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have 2011 kuga, and was thinking of getting some carplay android system.

Don't know the first thing about upgrading, is it even possible?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I also have 2011 kuga, and was thinking of getting some carplay android system.

Don't know the first thing about upgrading, is it even possible?
Hi Makdaddy,

It depends on what OEM head unit you have installed now. I've seen in this Forum 3 different Kuga Mk 1 OEM head units so in order for me to possibly assist, if you could drop a picture of your head unit I may be able to put you right.

FWIW, I replaced my Ford Sony DAB 6000CD unit with an Android unit with SatNav, DAB, etc. Tether it to my phone real time Navigation with traffic alerts etc. Happy to help with anything you want to know.

Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Makdaddy,

It depends on what OEM head unit you have installed now. I've seen in this Forum 3 different Kuga Mk 1 OEM head units so in order for me to possibly assist, if you could drop a picture of your head unit I may be able to put you right.

FWIW, I replaced my Ford Sony DAB 6000CD unit with an Android unit with SatNav, DAB, etc. Tether it to my phone real time Navigation with traffic alerts etc. Happy to help with anything you want to know.

Andy
that's a picture 9f mine with built in climate control

Don't know what the 3 sl card slots are on the left hand side

·
Registered
311 Posts
View attachment 5037 that's a picture 9f mine with built in climate control

Don't know what the 3 sl card slots are on the left hand side
Hi Makdaddy,

Unfortunately during my search for an aftermarket head unit I never saw one like that. The fact that you have a unit with built in climate control poses the big problem.

Only thing I can suggest is try searching this website, it was one of the two I was using for my research. The other doesn't do vehicle specific, which is what yours is. Mine isn't vehicle specific as the climate control is separate to the head unit, and as such I could fit an off the shelf Double Din (2 Din) unit.

The 3 slots to the left are for anything debit card sized, I use them for car park tickets, pop the ticket into the slot after paying at the pay machine and it's easy to get to when at the exit barrier.

Cheers,

Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts