Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes I think they are taken the urine as well,if they diagnose one thing,then they say it’s another thing after you have paid out once someone there is not doing a proper test.they were at fault for not doing it correctly in the first place.I would tell them o.k it if costs £1,250 I would pay the extra £450 cause it was not my fault you got it wrong in the first place.not pay an extra £1,250.Or as NigelB as suggested take it to a good independent garage.Good luck which ever you choose.

I bet they never done a proper test,,you told them the problem so i would take a guess and they fixed the said problem by what you told them and what it said on the display and assumed that was the case,and not done a test,,I might be wrong,,but I think that’s what had happened...so no test carried out.they should have checked the ECU.as well.

Ross
Thanks Ross -
You shouldn't have to be clever enough.

I trust my local independent without question, although in London we are a tight community and if he started the 'throw parts at it approach' then he would soon be out of business. The fact that they are still trading after 75 years (founder sold it to his son, who sold it to the head mechanic who, in turn, sold it to the head mechanic). shows that there are competent independents out there and I hope that you can find one locally if the dealer insists on spending your money for you.
Wheres you're mechanic 😉

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ealing, West London

Humes Garage (Mo or Paul)

020 8567 4549
Thanks Nigel! I've got a guy from clickmechanic who seems good this evening. Has tried replacing the battery so far, which cleared a couple of faults but then they came back again - he is talking to his pal from Ford tomorrow so 🤞 thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks..... it's still in the garage....... there's a chance I can get it back today fixed 🤞 I'll let you know.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts