Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the kuga back from its first service.

Shopped around the Ford dealers in my area, and ended up taking mine to Peter Stirland in Hungerford. Small dealer in a small market town. Other choices were Caffyns Alton where I purchased the vehicle from, & Gowrings of Basingstoke - Newbury - Reading. Decided on Stirland as being smaller dealership with that personal touch. Collegue of mine gets his ST3 serviced there as well. Sort of a recommendation really.

Could not fault the service from them at all. Kuga was booked in at 0830, and was returned to me at 0950, washed and vaccumed. Total price £176.00.inc.

They had a Kuga Titianium in their small showroom in Sea Grey, with appearance pack. Even had trays on seats. (Must be one of last of old stock).

Since owning the Kuga from May 09 (Ford direct Vehicle), I have not encountered any problems. Best Vehicle owned to date.

Well chuffed

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Stupot, what are the service intervals ?, I did not ask or was told when I picked up the beast 6 weeks ago, I just wanted go get her home!

Portkuga

·
Registered
119 Posts
Stupot,
Please could you tell me the service intervals ? Is it after or year or so many miles ? What do they do on the 1st service ?
Sorry, i don't know these kid of important things,
Thanks,

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Service intervals are 12.500 miles or 12 twelve months which ever is sooner. They will consist of a minor & major intervals. You will have to check your service log book to check.

1st service:- oil element filter - gasket - 5.50 litres of shell oil - windscreen washer fluid.

Hope this is of some help

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am still in shock at such high prices for a standard service compared to other Ford cars. seems as though Ford dealers are saying ' you bought a pricey car so you can afford a pricey service'.
I think a small oil filter change and a quick check over should not cost much more than any other car eg feista and approx £100 would more than cover time and parts used. sadly another case of charging what they can get away with. seriouly thinking of looking at a competitors dealer network to have my Kuga serviced at. If the price is right I am sure they would love the chance to rub Fords faces in not being competitive in service pricing. No doubt Ford will come back with something like' only Ford will have diagnostic equipment to enalbe proper serving and trouble free motoring'. ( such rubbish) 5 litres of oil and a filter are hardly mega expensive and checking brake fluid etc takes as much time for a small car as a large car. so extra charge= more profit for garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We decided to take out the ford service plan. It spreads the cost of three services over three years. In addition there are lots of other benefits too in taking out a plan. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
We are paying £16.99 a month. It helps spread the cost especially now that we are expecting our first child in Dec - it just keeps peace of mind knowing that when the service is due you have already paid for it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
mjk1975 i also went for the 3 years service package £17.99 a month x 30 months,like the idea of loan car a and not messing around transfering insurance over from one car to another at £10 a time 2 x £185 services and 1 x £250 one major service £650 i have paid £540 over 3 years saving myself £110

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I got the car I managed to get the garage to throw in the first and second service at no cost. Can sometimes be a good one to haggle for as the cost to the garage is minimal and typically does not go against the sales department.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had mine done by John Grose in Ipswich. Cost me £115 and had a service wash/vac thrown in.

StuPot - £176 seems steep, and am I being daft but if you got it May 09 why did it need servicing so soon?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Kuga is a 58 plate registed in Sept 08, vehicle has covered 12,300 miles now. Only 3,000 mile by myself. Hence the service. This was a ford dealer demostrator, hence it came with a few options.

Can report no faults with the vehcile at all.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sprayaway

Forgot to say, Service was carried out by a Ford main dealer. Wash & Vac included

1 - 12 of 12 Posts