Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the 19" alloys on their Kuga? I am ordering the car tomorrow and not sure whether to get 18" or 19"?

If anyone has got the 19's, is it a more bumpy ride?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome Laura_s. Mine has 18 inch fitted. When I picked the car up I thought the road noise was slightly more than the demonstrator (which had 17's) but the handling and it's ability to ride bumps without any drama was the same. I checked the tyre pressures and they were 45 psi (should be 30 ish) Set them right and it made no difference at all.(X-trail I had was exactly the same when new but by the time I got it home had lost most of my fillings!!!)So I'm guessing the kuga's suspension is so good 19's may give a decent ride.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think we've probably all had this dilema. I had decided that there wasnt much difrence between the 17"s & 18"s but havent tried a Kuga with 19"s. As each design is quite different, I spose it's really all down to personal taste. I like the Zetec standard spec design and would be my faves if only a bit bigger. The only other thing to consider is the cost of the rubber.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi just checking old posts i have 19" optional wheels they look great, drives like a Focus, and handles and corners like one also. The Kuga suspension is excellent and 19,s are brilliant atconsuming the bumps on our roads. I think they complement the futuristic bodylines perfectly with comfort, as for bumps you should try my other car an MR2 Turbo it picks up every bump but you know it will stick on corners my only suspension is the give in the tyre sidewalls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Laura,

I have had 19's on my Kuga and had no problesm with them at all.

They are now for sale (with the tyres) if you aere interested

See post "Sad farewell to Kuga"

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/sad-farewell-to-kuga_topic1744.html

I switched back to the 17's at the weekend as we are trading the Kuga back in this weekend and notices no diference at all in ride comfort.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by: hatchn

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the FOrd 19" Wheels as optional extra..
They look so much better. I had the car with std wheels first then upgraded. Ford forgot the Panoramic Roof on the order so they fitted these instead...free of charge.

I certainly noticed a difference, you can feel the road more and the Tyres are not cheap..£239 each for PZero 235/45 19. you can get cheaper but not sure about the handling..the PZero's corner like its on rails.

Having now used in Winter, it doesnt grip very well in snow though. I have hit a crub and damaged one wheel...just a small scratch but its there...looking at me everytime I get in.

All said...they look fantastic...trust me..

If you think people look at the Kuga....wait till you get the 19's on...

My car is on Flckr group....Sea Grey.

good luck,

MerryChristmas to all....!

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 19" wheels came with Bridgestones which are really goodwent for asilver Kugabecause i didnt want the pretend sump guard bits in the bumpers to draw attention (tacky)?away from the vehicle as a whole. I mean everything inside any car is silver and black so it kinda made sense to have everything on the outside the same as if it was all colourcoded plus silver looks cleaner longer albeit a darker shade, any car in silver makes it look more expensive than it actually is in my view although Fords colours are a bit long in the tooth nowadays. Machine silver was a nice colour till Ford dropped it. I think i checked Bridgestone prices on www.mytyres.co.uk and they were £150ish each so if they are good enough for Jenson!!!!!!!!
Luckilly i got £4,000 worth of extras for £2,000 including rails/tints,usb/bluetooth,front/rearsensors,keyless entry,panoramic roof,(which you cant get now without buying leather interior etc) and those gorgeous wheels and low profile tyres itcertainly makes all those competitor 4x4s look yesterdays packages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts