Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new panther black kuga titanium yesterday....... (with detachable tow bar) be aware all caravaners ! new style 13 pin plug on tow bar,converter withtwin 7 pin electricscan be bought from halfords for £24.99..........

·
Registered
260 Posts
When did they start to bring out the 13 pin connection on caravans mate? Is it on all new models or do they go back a few years.
Reason I am askingis thatI intend to buy a new to 1 year old van xmas/new year time.

P.S have you towed the van withthe Kugayet? If so whats it like as a tug?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Daisbuys, 13 Pins on UK caravans started to come out in 2008. For example Bailey's Pageant Series 7 are 13 pin but include the option to have the 7 pin should the purchaser want it.

I would guess that most UK caravan manufacturers that have new 2008/2009 models will follow the same approach but you would be best to check the caravan spec sheets.

From what I have read on the caravan press, whilst the new 13 pin system is more of a fiddle to connect, overall it will be more reliable long term.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My 2008 Coachman came with twin electrics. All caravans 2009 plus should have 13 pin unless it was specified with twin. Adaptors are available off the 'net easily and an hour with a small screwdriver and a bit of patience should see a fairly simple conversion unless adaptors are acceptable to you.
The refrigerator and earth connectoins on the 13 pin should ensure no frig pin burnout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts