Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a 12v+ power supply that was easy to take an accessory wire off around the dashboard area or, at a push, under the bonnet if it's accessible enough ???

The reason is that i'm looking to fit front parking sensors and require a power supply, ideally it would be an ignition on supply but any would do and it won't be taking much power....

any ideas or successful searches would gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
138 Posts
Investigate taking power from the socket in theboot. All the door opening seals are easily lifted to reveal a cavernous slot running the entire length of the cabin. You could run a couple of lengths of hosepipe front to back if you wanted to. I've got loads of stuff powered from therethrough a 4 way remote switch tucked behind a boot panel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi
Somewhere on the formum there are instructions and pictures about obtaining a switched power supply from the back of the light switch. I know it works as I have addedd a switched supply from it to a muti socket under the dash and this feeds my TomTom and an ignition switch socket in my middle front set armrest for an iPod charger and remote control (no bluetooth). If you manage to find it it might be a good idea to put it into the "How to" section. Brilliant idea to the member who suggested it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts