Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mk3 ST-Line X PHEV Lucid Red
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to say this isn't something I've experienced, so far.

Getting my home charger installed tomorrow so I'm interested in the posts that suspect leaving the charging cable plugged in for protracted periods is the cause of the battery discharge. I've been using the 3 pin plug cable so far and have left it plugged in 8 hrs or so sometimes.

For those who suspect this just some questions:

Was this a tethered or untethered point?
What kind of time period caused the problem?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Glad to say this isn't something I've experienced, so far.

Getting my home charger installed tomorrow so I'm interested in the posts that suspect leaving the charging cable plugged in for protracted periods is the cause of the battery discharge. I've been using the 3 pin plug cable so far and have left it plugged in 8 hrs or so sometimes.

For those who suspect this just some questions:

Was this a tethered or untethered point?
What kind of time period caused the problem?
There is an update available to fix this specific problem. It was released in autumn 2021 so if the car hasn't been to a dealer since then it probably needs it. Only applies when a type 2 charger is used not the 3 pin charger.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if anyone knows ref for this update? Then I'll check if it's been applied to my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,187 Posts
Doe we really need another thread on this subject :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Yep, trying to determine conditions that led to the problem.
There's more than enough information on this subject, can I suggest you read the threads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have done no specific detail re time and wether charger was tethered/untethered.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Have done no specific detail re time and wether charger was tethered/untethered.
So ask the question in the relevant thread
Help! Cannot get in to Kuga ST PHEV - locked out of car

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Sorry, didn't realise the 'post police' were in attendance here.

Forums should be about being able to ask questions and exchanging information.

Like some forums this is full of pedants.

So, bye.
This is offensive so please remove it.

·
Registered
2021 Ford Kuga ST-Line Edition PHEV
18 Posts
There is an update available to fix this specific problem. It was released in autumn 2021 so if the car hasn't been to a dealer since then it probably needs it. Only applies when a type 2 charger is used not the 3 pin charger.
So if I picked my car up fresh from the dealer in October then I should be okay? I guess I'm okay anyway since I only ever use the 3 pin...

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
85 Posts
My dad's MY20 PHEV just had a flat battery over night this week. He sits at the dealers for 4 days now, and they have no idea about the update you are mentioning. He is charging it using the home cable (in our case with 2 pins).
MY2021 PHEV (april 2021) on the other hand had no issues so far and I am always charging it with type 2 cable on my ELVI charging station. Over the weekend the car even sits at charging for more than 48 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts