Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

£20-25 K and a gobful of fuel

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BlackNinja 
I consider myself a good negotiator - indeed the salesman even said after the sale was agreed that he'd never met such a cynical and hard barterer

However, I only got £10 worth of fuel, as even though I'd got a good discount, free service, great PX price on mondeo, mudflaps, mats. I obviuosly loved the Kuga too much and forgot to ask for fuel.

I had to sweat blood to get even a teener's worth from him then.

Moral of story, go along with proof you can aafford the car (but that it is right at top end of your budget), ask for absolutely everything, when salesperson says that's it, go again as they would be mad to lose the sale for say£60 fuel. Be prepared to walk away if they won't go there having got the deal offered in writing - you are unlikely to leave the showroom before they consent, but even if you do, be prepared to wait a few days and try again. This way they know you are serious but that you are willing to leave it, if they won't budge go to another dealer or two and show them the written details of the deal offered to see if theycan beat it.

If so great, if not back to original dealer to agree original sale - there is no loss of face in this, you can be happy you've driven down to the best deal in your area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.