Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A workmate of mine took delivery of his Kuga Titanium (May) with both convenience and appearance pack added (mine arrives August fingers crossed) and he told me that the whole Kuga delivery experience was brilliant aside from one parting comment which really hacked him off, as the salesman was finishing off his function and control speak and closed the door with window open he popped his swede into the car and said "Oh by the way if I was you I would stop at the Shell garageabout a mile away just on the roundabout to fill the tank up I put about a fivers worth of diesel in" What!!! £5 worth of fuel? he just spent twenty odd grand.Scrooge is very much alive and well, is it just me or this this just cheeky? what say you all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
say no more-lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had to sit in my kuga and drive 25 yards to a petrol station next dorr to havea free? £10 worth of diesel put in by main dealer. no Ford vehicled arrive with much fuel (delivery gas only) and if there was say a quarter tank some would be filetered off etc so although it seems penny piching and sad no fule is current way of Ford . ideally it should stil deleier with minimul fuel but then have a voucher for fuel given toyou for nearest garage for say £30 worth of fuel.
big saving for acr company not giving any fuel but considering prices of most cars these days..a competitor may gaing an advantage. lets face it, you already have a nice car but a bad taste in your mouth. Not a good way to get more cars sold!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hornchurchmale I hear you with hindsight perhaps the best time to negociate a Full tank of fuel is just before you do the deal Oh by the way thats after you have already snatched a full set of mats and mudflaps from them, nearly forgothalf price servicing etc etc My dealer salesman, bless himtold me a sob story that they have not made a single penny on the sale of the vehicle?well over £20 grand it's only possible because of the bonus Ford pay dealers for volume monthly sales quotas? and apparently even then it's only a hundred pounds or so on each vehicle sold.Rent, Rates Heating LightingMaintainace, sales/reception/car valeters, andcleaners salaries etc etc Only a £100 or so for each vehicle sold?With car sales the lowestin history and some claiming that they only get bonuses for cars sold why are so many dealers still operating it does not compute, it does not compute, it does not compute. Steven.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you will find that they make most of there money from parts and service, i used to work for rover years ago in the parts dept, i could see the mark up on parts from unipart the profit margine is very good for the dealer and then when they charge huge amounts to fit the part they make a good profit.

Took my old car, galaxy to the ford garage for it's first service oil change and filter £148. so i left and took it to a small garage who must be vatregistered for warantee purposes,

bought the filter from ford about £10 bought the oil £17 charge for service £30.

As long as the garage is vat registered and you use genuine parts your warantee is still valid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning proac,appreciateyour comments. The dealer I purchased my Kuga from is miles away from where I live so I will not be taking the car there to be serviced? so they will not make anything from meon servicing, onlyaccording to him the hundred and odd pounds Ford bonus. I accept that service depts make money but there must be 15-25people in total working thereseems an awful lot of staff justto be supported soleybya service dept. Steven

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,
I may just be the cheekiest of all, when I bought my Ford Cougar 9 years ago the clincher after all the other things I had for half price or free was 3 free full tanks of petrol.

Thats right I drove back twice more and the salesman grudgingly filled her up and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I have since aged and am not so agressive at dealing and only settled for 1 full tank of Deisel in my Kuga amongst a few other things.

Slimus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slimus, I'mproud of you but you are dead right when you get older you lose that bartering edge that bit of agression needed toget salesman spinning like a top yeah with hindsight I would of just asked very nicely for all those things but the way the cost of fuel is today a full tank is far too much for a dealership to just giveaway much better to fob you off and chuck in a cheap air freshner and a set of £10 mats that fall apart and look about 10 years old within the first three months. Digger trust me car dealers will not starve.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Steven robbo,
thanx for your comment and dont worry about Digger's comment he is making it for two reasons

1. He wishes he could still barter like I can.

2. He is my Dad and just having a friendly pop at me.

My revenge will be sweet when I pick up my Kuga next week cheaper than he paid.

Slimus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also bought a 2.5 titanium white autospent £27 grand.As I drove out of Dagenham Motors Enfield the near empty light came on, had to fill up straight away. Dissapointed at the lack of generosity too

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I consider myself a good negotiator - indeed the salesman even said after the sale was agreed that he'd never met such a cynical and hard barterer

However, I only got £10 worth of fuel, as even though I'd got a good discount, free service, great PX price on mondeo, mudflaps, mats. I obviuosly loved the Kuga too much and forgot to ask for fuel.

I had to sweat blood to get even a teener's worth from him then.

Moral of story, go along with proof you can aafford the car (but that it is right at top end of your budget), ask for absolutely everything, when salesperson says that's it, go again as they would be mad to lose the sale for say£60 fuel. Be prepared to walk away if they won't go there having got the deal offered in writing - you are unlikely to leave the showroom before they consent, but even if you do, be prepared to wait a few days and try again. This way they know you are serious but that you are willing to leave it, if they won't budge go to another dealer or two and show them the written details of the deal offered to see if theycan beat it.

If so great, if not back to original dealer to agree original sale - there is no loss of face in this, you can be happy you've driven down to the best deal in your area

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear about the petrol thing. I picked my Kuga up last week and made sure I got a full tank of diesel (The power of the buyer) and a few other extras thrown in. I guess they need my money more than I need their car, or at least that was what I explained to the salesman.

Anyway, another newbieloving the Kuga experience although Ihave received three keys with my car and althoughthe two fobs work fine as far as starting the car withthe button and opening the doors go, I have descovered that one of the actual keys inside one of the fobs does not fit my car.

They have agreed to replace this, as if that was an option, so once that is done I will be happy as Larry and driving a Kuga to boot :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts