New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - White Kuga with off white/cream body panels/bumper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

White Kuga with off white/cream body panels/bumper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
PRICEMAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRICEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Kuga with off white/cream body panels/bumper
    Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 2:35pm
Just noticed that the front and rear bumpers on my forzen whie kuga are more of an off-white colour. They are definately not as white as the main body of the car.

I am aware that this is a common problem with certain colours (I've had a few fords - mainly black and sea grey which have been fine). I've read that its caused by the way the paint dries on the bumpers (plastic) compaired to the body (metal)

Any one else experienced or noticed the same.

Can I/Should I take it back for it to be looked at because it is quite noticible

Priceman 

Sponsored Links

championkuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championkuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 2:43pm
It's disappointing when you have paid a lot of money for a car, to have a problem like that. I have to admit I have never seen a Frozen White up close so don't know if this is usual but I think you are quite within your rights to query it. Like you said, my Panther Black seems to be fine so maybe it is because yours is a light colour.
Stratus Grey XF Jaguar Sportbrake Portfolio S 3.0
Stupot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stupot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 3:00pm
Are the front wings, and top half of tailgate a different colour, as these are plastic as well?
Kuga 1 08-58 Titanium TDCi 136 AWD, Panther Blk.
Kuga 2 11-61 Titanium X TDCI 163 AWD. Panther Blk. P/Shift.
Kuga 3 14-14 Titanium X Sport, 163 AWD, Frozen White, P/Shift.
PRICEMAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRICEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 3:20pm

Nope.........they are nice and white

Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by PRICEMAN PRICEMAN wrote:

Nope.........they are nice and white

Could be something in the batch of paint then? - dont know how they're built but the bumpers could be pre-sprayed and brought to the shell for assembly.  As Champs says, you're well justified in querying it - they're hardly colour coded if they're not the same colour
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:12pm
The winner of the worst colour match metal wings/plastic front/rear bumpers must go to Toyota, when we expressed concern a few years ago now, so called Toyota experts, argued that it's impossible to get paint to match on plastic and metal surfaces??  
Must admit, not noticed any colour difference on the Kuga, but perhaps I should of gone to s***savers?
Kuga Jon View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 5:41pm
Common problem with FrozenWhite in the Ford range - my Focus ST had exactly the same problem and it only looked better when I had a bumper replaced and resprayed by a Ford bodyshop on warranty.
Was driving a fully loaded Vision Blue TDCi Titanium AWD Kuga...
Now driving a Deep Impact Blue TDCi Titanium X Sport AWD Kuga!
PRICEMAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRICEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 11:34am
Thanks for all the replies. I'll ring the stealers over the weekend and post back the response.

Best Regards

Priceman
Dingo5 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:35am
Mine are brilliant white exactly as the body. Just a thought, Your car could have been damaged in transit and the dealers re-sprayed the bumpers. I only say this as I know of someone who bought a new Audi only to find this happened with them.
PRICEMAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRICEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 3:10pm
[QUOTE=Dingo5]Mine are brilliant white exactly as the body. Just a thought, Your car could have been damaged in transit and the dealers re-sprayed the bumpers. I only say this as I know of someone who bought a new Audi only to find this happened with them.

How did they find out about the damage and respray. Are the dealers obliged to tell you if you ask.
kugakim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:48pm
hi all my frozen white is a perfect match but i was behind a electric white the other day and  it   looked totaly different from the main body work both 10 plate models as mentiond befor the wings are plastic so there is no excuse for non colour match
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by kugakim kugakim wrote:

hi all my frozen white is a perfect match but i was behind a electric white the other day and  it   looked totaly different from the main body work both 10 plate models as mentiond befor the wings are plastic so there is no excuse for non colour match

Except for the fact that the whole body is sprayed in one go by Ford in a paint shop and the bumpers would be sprayed by whoever makes the bumpers. If the settings differ from the two paint shops then there would be a mis match.

Electric white, silver and the Ultimate Green (Focus RS) are the worst for colour matching.
Have an electric white and the match isn't perfect but it's not terrible.  Saw an electric white one in a car park and whilst the colour match between body and bumpers wasn't bad the reversing sensors were way off!

Mondeo Vignale Estate 2.0 TDCi 180PS AWD.
Kuga ST Line X, 180PS AWD Auto in Magnetic on order.
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:53am
Just an observation but most of the cars I see, and some are new, with blatantly different door shades are silver cars, any bodyshop technicians know why this is?
PRICEMAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRICEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 7:41am
UPDATE -

Took my Kuga in to be examined last week. The Chap from the Dealers agreed with the colour mismatch and took some photographs. Said he would sent them to Fords for them to consider whether a re-spray was necessary or whether it was "acceptable"

Had a phonecall this morning telling me it has been authorised. Car booked in for Wed next week.

Quite pleased with that as it is starting to annoy me more and more.

Priceman
frozenwhitekuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozenwhitekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:47pm
its because the rest of the car is metal but the bumpers are plastic so thats y they are off colour
CONCORDE View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CONCORDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm
Quite a few Kuga panels (bonnet+tailgate to name two) are plastic so being plastic not metal will not be the problem
2010 Titanium AWD Panther Black, Individual Pack (leather heated seats, 19" wheels, privacy glass, roof bars, aluminium pedals and the seat back trays) Convenience Pack and Bluetooth/Voice Control/USB
Daniel View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 4:37pm
A lot of cars seem to suffer from this now and I've often heard it was a metal / plastic thing and its almost impossible to match properly. But say, 5 years ago what material were bumpers made from because I never used to notice it back then?

Tally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:36pm
Hello all.  New to the forum but on my 2nd Kuga, both frozen white but this one has definitely got cream bumpers Angry  Anyone had the same problem?.
frozenwhitekuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frozenwhitekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 3:35am
its because the bumpers are made of plastic so it makes it go creamy i work with cars and most cars have different coloured bumpers
FROZEN WHITE ALL THE PACKS, DETACHABLE TOWBAR, FULL TOUCH SCREEN SAT NAV, MS DESIGN LEDS THE CHRISTMAS TREE
w17cko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w17cko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 4:24am

tally mine are the same on my electric white

Electric white 18" wheels titanium,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic