FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Water leak/ingress-footwell/boot/windscreen info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
MikeT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 2:46pm
Having worked my way through the Haldex issue (I hope), I thought I'd check the other regular issues and see if I could get ahead of them... and found this thread.

So I bought some trim removal tools and some Sikaflex to fill the cracks I can see near the tailgate hinges. I found the exerts from the Workshop Manual and set about removing the rail end.

First rear one came of readily. The first front one was a real struggle and left some collateral damage on the rail-cap clips. The second front one I can't get off.

The Manual shows loosening the 3 clips from the outboard side and lifting it away, but there are tabs which reach into the roof-rail itself and until these are cleared the cap won't lift at all 'cos the 2 inboard clips are still in place and can't be readily unclipped with a trim tool cos of the sloping angle to the roof.

Anyone got any tips on getting these rail caps off once the outboard clips have been unclipped?

Cheers
Mk1 TDCI 163 AWD Titanium X Electric White - with almost matching bumpers
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic