FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Water leak/ingress-footwell/boot/windscreen info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Blaser Blaser wrote:

Mine has just been cured. The water runs of the windscreen onto a chassis rail and then down a body seam, there was not enough sealer in the joint and therefore water was entering the drivers foot well. Mine was worse when parked one my drive with the front higher than the rear. Essex Ford at Dunton sorted mine out.

Mine leaks passenger side only, have poured water all over front end with carpets up but cant make it do it. I thought that maybe the wind blows it there when your driving ..... anyway dont suppose you could be more specific (pic would be great) about the exact spot and how easy to re-seal etc etc. Mine over 12 mths so leak warranty gone now and anyway I would rather do it myself than have it in garage for god knows how long.
Many thanks
Mk1 Titanium 163 AWD, Powershift, in white. Appearance and convenience packs.
Sponsored Links

Blaser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 5:19pm
Essex Ford took the wheel arch liners of and could see where the water was running down across the seam and into the car. When they sprayed it from underneath it still run into the footwell. Mine was drivers side only. I only know what Jamie at Essex Ford told me. They just sealed the seam and it has stayed dry since. I suggest you look very closely at all the joints it the general area.
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:33am
And all this time I thought it was just me.  Just imagine you have got a poker in the fire, heating up very nicely, any ideas as to who should be bent over a chair first?  Evil Smile  Remember you only really have one go, so for maximum effect please choose wisely.

PS    Oh!  . . . .  Incidently I have three irons in my imaginary fire.
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:15pm
Found it.............
Leaking windscreen nearside top corner. Jolly well hope that ford accept it as a warranty job or I will be kicking up a serious fuss.
harrykatinnen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrykatinnen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 10:35pm
Just got my Kuga back from stealers after putting it in for investigation of the water leak in the front passenger footwell.

They reckon it was a leak in the windscreen seal around the a pillar so have removed the screen and resealed it. They reckon it is cured now so will be keeping an eye on it when it rains next.
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 10:40am
Hi, yes same thing here its in as we speak for screen out and re bonding. leaking nearside top corner well when I say leaking I meen P*****g in. Anyway hopefully it will be cured by end of the day.
ukcobra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukcobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:38pm
My Kuga is on it's way back to me,  they reproduced it again, they replaced the seal and it appears to have fixed it. They did not think the original seal had been put on that well, as it did n't join up well, and that was where it was most likely letting the water through.
NOW Sold : 59 ( Jan 2010) Moondust Silver, Titanium AWD, Appearance, USB + BT, 18" Wheels (PM Me for Details)
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 2:43pm
Mine is back also, well it was only in for a day, been resealed and I am assured that it passed the pressure washer test...........time will tell.
KUGA PETE View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KUGA PETE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:37pm
Is this occurring on all Kuga types, or just the ones with a panaramic roof? Also age of the car, maybe a fault that is linked to a specific year build?
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 4:35pm
Dec 08 with panoramic roof however prob was with screen not roof, could be a connection I suppose.
harrykatinnen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrykatinnen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:26pm
Titanium without panaoramic roof...it appears all types are affected
Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Sea Grey with Appearance Pack, Bluetooth USB and Voice
KUGA PETE View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KUGA PETE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 12:25pm

Ok. What about year? Just wondering whether they have now recognised this and resolved it with new model year builds?
I realise this doesn't help you guys that already have the issue, but at least it may help define whether or not it's specific builds? Just a thought.

I notice the windscreen doesn't have a complete rubber seal all round the screen like most cars!

cornish View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 4:45pm
mine is an early 08 build (the first batch) and has never leaked or had missing welds in the rear quarter.

Seems strange that some cars leak and others don't...

ade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 10:33pm
hi all washed kuga at weekend tailgate stopped leaking.hopefully now sorted.
awd 2.0 tdci titanium x pack pano roof powershift full leather 18 inch alloys

romann View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:51am
Hi All,
I have the same problem , leaking tailgate. My Kuga is 15 months old but i bought it  from Ford Western Supermare 1 week ago, do you think this will be a free of charge fix, as i have seen past comments that you only get 1 year warranty on Water Ingress, and do i have to take it back to this dealer or can i go to any Ford dealer??/
Thanks for your input
Ford Kuga AWD Chill/ Apps Pack/ Welsh Valleys /Forum Sticker
ukcobra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukcobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 9:43am
I would take it back as you have only had it a week and it is leaking and pass them to this site, so they can confirm the fix for themselves.

Mark

Edited by ukcobra - 22 Mar 2010 at 9:43am
NOW Sold : 59 ( Jan 2010) Moondust Silver, Titanium AWD, Appearance, USB + BT, 18" Wheels (PM Me for Details)
romann View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:29pm
Thank ukcobra now waiting for Ford weston supermare to call me back (one day)Wink
Ford Kuga AWD Chill/ Apps Pack/ Welsh Valleys /Forum Sticker
Winston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2010 at 8:54pm
Hi All, I discovered water in the rear footwell storage compartment (offside) and on closer inspection it was also in the drivers footwell. There is no sign of water on top of the carpet but the underlay is absolutely saturated. We've taken it to the dealer to strip out the seats and the carpet but I was hoping someone else may have some pointers so we can give the dealer a clue where to start looking. I know people have had problems with the tailgate leaking but there is no sign of water in or around the boot area. Please help as I didn't order a foot spa as an extra in my Kuga! Titanium March 09.
trickmeista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trickmeista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:50am
Hi guys, new to this forum so hope I am posting in the right area.

Bought a new KUGA 6 weeks ago, 2.0 TdCi ZETEC, and each time there is any rain I get a small trickle down the inside of the windscreen originating from around the interior mirror / upper seal of windscreen. There is no damp marks on the ceiling trim, but the water seems to collect "sopmewhere" over time until at worst, it collects all around the mirror itself and drips down as soon as the vehicle starts moving.

I took it back to the dealership who after a shambolic attempt to "filler" the top of the outside  of the windscreen with black mastic, eventually they agreed for the windscreen to be popped out and re-fitted. Hey presto, the day after collecting the repaired car, after a night of heavy rain, I get a trickle of water again and dripping worse than before. Have read a lot about the leaky tail gates etc but found no other reports of windscreen related issues. Will be in contact with Hendy Ford again this morning but wanted to put the feelers out on here to see if my problem had been seen elsewhere. 

Thanks a lot.
shan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 10:00am
Hi Trickmeista,

I bought my Kuga 5 weeks ago - within about 2 or 3 days I too noticed that my windscreen had a leak....... my leak is directly in front of the driving position.

My leak happens when I either wash the car, or if we have a heavy down poor of rain!!!! I have come out first thing in the morning to discover a small puddle just above the steering.

my kuga was booked in a few weeks ago, however had to reschedule as my wife was rushed into hospital - the Kuga should be going back in eaither later this week or early next week.

When I first mentioned it to the garage, they did say when it came back in they would take the screen out then reseal it? I'll make sure this is what they do as I dont fancy a patch job!!!

Andy
" KUGA TITANIUM 2.0 AWD Panther Black,Titanium Appearance Pack,Titanium X Pack, Titanium Convenience Pack"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic