FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Water leak/ingress-footwell/boot/windscreen info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 12:19pm
I have same problem currently got carpet up but cant see were its coming from would rather sort it myself if poss "if you want a job doing right do it yourself" but am at a loss as to the cause ?
Mk1 Titanium 163 AWD, Powershift, in white. Appearance and convenience packs.
Sponsored Links

aaman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 6:21pm
hi all. is there a common production date of the kugas with leaks. ??????????????
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 7:05pm
Mine is 11/08
Harbrimar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbrimar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 7:34pm
Mine was 11/10/08
elaineS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elaineS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 8:20pm
have the leaking tailgate problem and now the tailgate seems to have marked the RGM bumper protector all along it s length. Has the whole tailgate dropped?  Not happy. Angry This is all recent as bought the car in November. I agree the dealers do not want to do anything I will be on my third attempt.  Mind you they took 4 goes to fix a headlight.
On another theme.... Can anyone carify how to get iphone 3GS to play sound through audio system? Will the Y cable work? Have bluetoothed the phone functions no poblem.  Can I bluetooth the audio? If so how?
Thanks.
harrykatinnen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrykatinnen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 8:50pm
Minw was 10/08....I see a theme developing here!
ukcobra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukcobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:21am
Back on thread, my tailgate has started leaking again, clearly adjusting the stoppers made no difference.

Back to the dealer.
NOW Sold : 59 ( Jan 2010) Moondust Silver, Titanium AWD, Appearance, USB + BT, 18" Wheels (PM Me for Details)
Harbrimar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harbrimar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:20pm
Not to impressed with Ford so far. Went to book the car in to get the water leak sorted out and was asked when the car was first registered (16/3/08). It was then pointed out to me that leaks are only covered for 1 year and they could not take the car until 31/3/09 and the warranty would have expired. I politely it out to them that I was bringing the fault to their attention before the required date. Did not matter, they had to create a job sheet before the first years warranty expired. Got the same response from other dealers so I contacted Ford Customer Service and was told that the dealers were right and I should continue trying to find a dealer who would be able to book the car in before 16 March. They gave me a reference number and said that if I was not able to have the matter looked at before 16th March I would have to pay and seek a refund from Ford (good will) they would look at the matter sympathetically but they would not guarantee a refund. End result is that the nearest dealer that can take the before 16 March car is 50 miles away. Legally, I don't think Ford are right but I am not prepared to put it to the test at the moment. 
Chestrefeldian View Drop Down

Who's the grand daddy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestrefeldian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:03pm
Hi Harbrimar
My flaber has rarely been so gasted.
Talk about restrictive practice eh!
So frustrating when 'the little man' gets beggared about.
Such examples will eventually get what (IMHO so far) is a relatively good car a bad name.
Dealers eh!!!
Chestrefeldian
Griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:05pm
Ahhh the usual aftermarket sales service coming to thCensorede fore ..................
Performance Blue, Lux Pack 1, Stage 2 350 Focus RS conversion

Check it out on U Tube - http://www.youtube.com/user/GriffST3#p/a/u/0/g46Wfgb9pT8

2013 Kuga Titanium on the way!!
ips View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Harbrimar Harbrimar wrote:

Not to impressed with Ford so far. Went to book the car in to get the water leak sorted out and was asked when the car was first registered (16/3/08). It was then pointed out to me that leaks are only covered for 1 year and they could not take the car until 31/3/09  

I assume you meen 16/3/10
Anyway if its right that water leaks are only covered for 1 yr then Iam knackered cos mine is 11/08
ips

harrykatinnen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrykatinnen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:52am
The more I think about the Ford policy around this the more I think we have an argument. 

Surley the policy that waterleaks are only covered for one year is to ensure against normal wear and deteriation of seals over time (doesn't say much for Ford that they only expect their cars to stay watertight for a year but there we go).

However if the cause of the water ingress in the front footwell turns out to be a missing weld as has been the case with at least one owner we know of then this is a fault in the manufacturing process and not due to normal wear etc.

I would therefore suggest that this would come under the Sale of Goods act that the car was never fit for purpose and you might have a case to reject even at this late stage as it appears the fault  only tends to become noticeable when the car is parked nose up.

I will be interested to see what happens with my case as I raised the matter back at the end of January but my car is booked in on the 8th March (a year and two days after it was first registered) becuase the person who deals with water leaks was in hospital having an operation and no one else at the dealership appears to be qualified to spot a leak!

Will keep you all posted

ukcobra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukcobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:21am
Strange, whenever I have spoken to dealers about issues I have brought up before the warranty running out, they have always told me that it's when you tell them, not when they actually get to look at it. A few years back I had a situation whereby the dealer was so busy there was a 3 week wait.

I have the car back at my dealer today to investigate a Water Ingress issue from the rear tailgate.

Mark
NOW Sold : 59 ( Jan 2010) Moondust Silver, Titanium AWD, Appearance, USB + BT, 18" Wheels (PM Me for Details)
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 4:52pm
I carried out my weekly ritual this morning and started the Kuga up for a few minutes, removed last weeks Auto Express (£2 Wow!) from rear seat and noticed white marks on the rear seat, which is the leather bits closest to both N/S O/S  rear doors, clearly these are salt marks, where saltty water has run off roof and got between door seals and dripped onto seat both ends, come off quite easily with a leather cleaner but thinking about it perhaps I should of left it on?
Dalesman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:45am
Hi Ade

Have you had your tail-gate fix yet?  Please let us know if it works as I may need to request the same

Titanium,TDCi,Chill,X-pack, Conv pack, App pack, Bluetooth+USB
ukcobra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukcobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:57am
My service contacts have spoken to Ford, and they apparently are not aware of any specific issue. The senior technical troubleshooter at my local dealer had a closer look at the car yesterday, and he believes the seal is not fitting quite right on one side, so he has ordered another one.

I have a whole selection of pictures that show the issue, and I will upload them later in the week, adding them to this thread.

More details when I hear from the dealer.
c130jtechie View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c130jtechie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:58pm

jagkuga

As requested, any chance you could put a photo up which indicates where you applied the sealant, it may help us all...................

ade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:24pm
hi kuga in at dealer now should get back tomorrow.spoke to dealer they say it is the spoiler which was leaking bottom one which goes along split tailgate.will let everyone know when i've washed it at the weekend.
awd 2.0 tdci titanium x pack pano roof powershift full leather 18 inch alloys

Blaser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 2:55pm
Mine has just been cured. The water runs of the windscreen onto a chassis rail and then down a body seam, there was not enough sealer in the joint and therefore water was entering the drivers foot well. Mine was worse when parked one my drive with the front higher than the rear. Essex Ford at Dunton sorted mine out.
Blaser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 3:05pm
mine was made 09/09/08 the leak was repair free of charge but I had e-mailed  the head of  Ford of Europe complaining about poor quality as I previously had a problem with water in the tailgate.
I work for Fords so it gives me a slight advantage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic