FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Transmission Malfunction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jersey Stardust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jersey Stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Malfunction
    Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm
Hi Guys

My wife has have our MK 2 since September, love the car but have had one or two problems with the Auto Gearbox. I personally have had no problems with it, and it drives so well changes gear nice and smooth. The first time she noticed a fault was when creeping along trying to find a parking space, she was doing maybe 2 mph and suddenly the car came to a stand still a bit like left foot braking or as I imagined it slamming the car in 'Park' whilst driving. The second time a fault occurred was when she was pulling away from a yellow line and it sounded like the gears were grinding, this happened for a short period and then sorted itself out. The third time was last week when driving along fine, the revs starting to increase and the 'Transmission Malfunction' messaged appeared on the dash. She pulled over switched off, waited 5 minutes after ringing me up, started and drove on ok no problems. The car has been down today to the local Trust Ford and it all checks out fine no faults no nothing ?
Does this sound right ? Has anyone had similar issues ?

Thanks
Richard
Sponsored Links

Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:35pm
Is this the Powershift transmission?
In Australia, there have been lots of problems with this transmission, but mainly on the Focus.
From what I can tell the problem is with the clutch packs wearing out very quickly.
I would insist the dealer takes the car out long enough to cause the issue to appear, wouldn't it be nice if they could fault find and problem solve without the need for a diagnostic code to show up when they scan the car.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
murcod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:52am
The Kuga Powershift is a different transmission to the Focus/ Ecosport/ Fiesta Powershift (wet dual clutch vs dry dual clutch.) The dry dual clutch is the one that has caused most problems, but I have read of a few Kuga wet dual clutch transmissions that misbehave.

Edit: eg. http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/powershift_topic14047.html and http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11454061

Edited by murcod - 11 Jan 2017 at 12:59am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Jersey Stardust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jersey Stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:44pm
Yes it is the 6 speed Powershift, I think listening to what the wife says, it seems as though her faults happened at very very low speed, as mentioned to the garage. I hope they didn't just drive around normally. I Will keep a close eye on it but thank you for the feedback.

Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic