FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Start/Stop Tech, how do I turn it off ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Start/Stop Tech, how do I turn it off ?
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Ktulu Ktulu wrote:

Okay, then what does the "auto engine stop" do exactly?
Please enlighten me, if anyone knows.
Thanks!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Here the urls, if you can't see the images:
https://ibb.co/g3oWrQ
https://ibb.co/mvFpd5

It's a setting to stop your engine from running at idle for too long. The default time is 30 minutes. When the time you've set is approaching you get a warning to say the engine will be stopped and you have to cancel it if you want the engine to continue running.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
Sponsored Links

hillybilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

That how mine seems to work, and as far as I know diesel is used for DPF cleaning.

The diesel is injected into the particulate filter and ignited.
Ktulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 8:17am
I've added a reply.
If you're kind enough to read it, please.
Thanks
Ktulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ktulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:15pm
Okay, then what does the "auto engine stop" do exactly?
Please enlighten me, if anyone knows.
Thanks!

Here the urls, if you can't see the images:
https://ibb.co/g3oWrQ
https://ibb.co/mvFpd5

Edited by Ktulu - 05 May 2017 at 4:46pm
Grumpy1954 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpy1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
Interesting, my wife has a Skodas with stop/start, she also dislikes it and only has the option of pressing the button every time the engine starts, to disable it for that journey only. Think she's given up now, as constantly using the button caused either another problem or warning notice, I forget which. She also dislikes the handbook, whereas the first thing I do is read the handbook.
It appears to me the animosity started over the OP saying they were confused, then their strong reaction to people saying "why".
The original question seems to have been well covered, Mods, perhaps this thread has served it's purpose now
Kuga Titanium 163 Auto AWD in Stirling Grey with half leather, parking sensors.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 7:12am
That how mine seems to work, and as far as I know diesel is used for DPF cleaning.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
murcod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 7:00am

I can travel 2 mile even on a cold but not freezing morning with the temperature gauge still hard on the bottom stop and the stop start will come in at a particular set of traffic lights. This is traveling the 2 mile at 30mph.

That can't be good for engine life? Your oil temp rises a lot slower than the coolant (judging by a previous vehicle I owned that I'd installed an oil temp gauge in.) If your oil doesn't get hot then contaminants won't get "burnt" off and it won't reach the optimum viscosity.

Do Ford inject extra diesel to clean the DPF? I know Mazda diesel engines can suffer from oil dilution through the DPF cleaning cycle if they're only doing shorter trips and not getting hot (resulting in rising engine oil levels and early trips to the dealer for engine oil changes.)
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 5:52am
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

The biggest flaw seems to be it will only operate within very narrow criteria- so battery charge level, engine temperature, environmental temperature, selection of aircon/ other electrical loads all seem to stop the system working.

Oddly enough on mine, it doesnt seem to conform to low temperature or electrical load other than heated screen and rear window. Even with dip beams on (Xenons). From posts on this forum regards condition of battery from charging overnight seems to prevent stop/start working though I have a phone permanently powered and that makes no difference, so it must be quite low power. I can travel 2 mile even on a cold but not freezing morning with the temperature gauge still hard on the bottom stop and the stop start will come in at a particular set of traffic lights. This is traveling the 2 mile at 30mph.

edit spelling

Edited by Fillco - 29 Jan 2017 at 7:08am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
murcod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Simprider Simprider wrote:

You can disable start/stop by modifying car's configuration file with Focccus tool for example.

Did it to mine and it worked. Disables the button too though.

So that option in FoCCCus does work to disable stop/ start. I was wondering if it would, but haven't got S/S on my Kuga.

Out of interest mine (2.0l EcoBoost) uses around 0.9l/ hour stopped idling in traffic- according to the trip computer. Not much really, but I can see it helping reduce pollution in busy city traffic if every vehicle had it. The biggest flaw seems to be it will only operate within very narrow criteria- so battery charge level, engine temperature, environmental temperature, selection of aircon/ other electrical loads all seem to stop the system working.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
kingarthur View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kingarthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 11:55am
Don't really see what the problem is. Its irrelevant whether you use it once a journey or all the time in start stop traffic, its there to save you burning unnecessary fuel and therefore save you money (unless you don't want to save fuel of course). On mine once you put foot on clutch the car is ready to go so can't see the problem myself. If you really dislike it that much just get into the habit of switching it off each time you start the engine via the switch just below the heater/climate panel.
An I right in thinking all new cars now have to have this start stop technology for environmental reasons so original poster will find this issue with all vehicles not just the Kuga.

Edited by kingarthur - 28 Jan 2017 at 11:56am
Simprider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simprider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 10:40am
You can disable start/stop by modifying car's configuration file with Focccus tool for example.

Did it to mine and it worked. Disables the button too though.
Kuga4x4Sep2016 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga4x4Sep2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 7:39am

I think some confusion and then frustration appeared in the thread. Do you actually think you got an answer that satisfied your question thats the main thing.

Looking at the threads posted in this forum anyone who asks a question usually gets an answer unless no one has an answer to the question of course.

Oddly enough I dont mind the handbook even though it has its short comings, but on the subject of Auto Stop Start it didnt seem too bad at explaining it, and the answers in this thread echo whats in the manual.

Thanks for your reply my friend, but I just hate books and brochures etc as I have said lots of times, I still think if you just watch some vidoes on the likes of youtube about the subject on various different cars you will see that it is hardly worthwhile unless under certain circumstances, you will see, its practically useless (the start/stop feature) unless your always in busy traffic and juntions and always stopped at traffic lights/junctions etc, apart from that I would say personally its a complete waste of time and somewhat a pain in the azz too, I hate it, just my opinion though, my car is in my signature.
Kuga-Titanium X- 2.0Tdci-180-MANUAL GEARBOX_4X4_DabSync2Nav-Panoramic Roof-Appearance Pack-Rear Parking Sensor-too much more to mention
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga4x4Sep2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Kugalan Kugalan wrote:

In fairness the brochure (so by default the minority dealers who get all their info from the printed brochure rather than researching) when I got mine in Nov 2015 said stop start was only on the 1.5 manual petrol, even though it had been standard across the range since the EU6 diesels, so yes the stop start do I have it, what does it actually do is slightly confusing.

watch some vidoes on the likes of youtube and you will see, its practically useless (the start/stop feature) unless your always in busy traffic and juntions and always stopped at traffic lights/junctions etc, apart from that I would say personally its a complete waste of time and somewhat a pain in the azz too, I hate it, just my opinion though, my car is in my signature,
Kuga-Titanium X- 2.0Tdci-180-MANUAL GEARBOX_4X4_DabSync2Nav-Panoramic Roof-Appearance Pack-Rear Parking Sensor-too much more to mention
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 8:55am
Auto-Start-Stop
When your car is idling at a standstill the engine automatically shuts down to save fuel consumption. When you want to drive off, the engine immediately restarts (Available on 1.5 150PS EcoBoost engine).

Quote above from the 2016 my brochure 
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 8:44am
In fairness the brochure (so by default the minority dealers who get all their info from the printed brochure rather than researching) when I got mine in Nov 2015 said stop start was only on the 1.5 manual petrol, even though it had been standard across the range since the EU6 diesels, so yes the stop start do I have it, what does it actually do is slightly confusing.

Edited by Kugalan - 17 Jan 2017 at 8:46am
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 5:09am
I think some confusion and then frustration appeared in the thread. Do you actually think you got an answer that satisfied your question thats the main thing.

Looking at the threads posted in this forum anyone who asks a question usually gets an answer unless no one has an answer to the question of course.

Oddly enough I dont mind the handbook even though it has its short comings, but on the subject of Auto Stop Start it didnt seem too bad at explaining it, and the answers in this thread echo whats in the manual.
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga4x4Sep2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:42am
[/QUOTE] 
jumborat says > 

Very constructive.

If only you read the handbook instead of this forum.[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have personally found the forum more handy than a stupid manual to be honest, I can sit in the car outside my house with my laptop wireless connection and read the forum and watch Utube videos etc to help me, as for the book, hmmm, I don't like, maybe I am just into things that are more up to date than reading books, I dunno.

Anyhow, yes, very constructive posts indeed. 

Someone tell me the meaning of an online forum again please ?
Doesn't matter, the answer is here >>>
http://techterms.com/definition/web_forum

Edited by Kuga4x4Sep2016 - 17 Jan 2017 at 1:46am
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 12:08pm
A little animosity has crept into this posting, its not neccessary
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Kuga4x4Sep2016 Kuga4x4Sep2016 wrote:

Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

First of all, you're even misquoting yourself.

Secondly, and I'll put it in capitals so maybe it gets through this time, MY MENTION OF TRACTION CONTROL WAS IN RESPONSE TO YOU TALKING ABOUT PERFORMANCE FIGURES AND NOTHING TO DO WITH STOP/START. Maybe you should have started a different thread for the performance figures if you can't understand two different responses in one thread.

Thirdly, we know what gearbox you have. It's in your signature and you say it in nearly post.

Fourthly, if I ever see a 66 plate white MK2 I'm going to give it a wide berth.

TongueTongueTongueLOLLOLLOLTongueTongueTongue GOOD 

Very constructive.

If only you read the handbook instead of this forum.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga4x4Sep2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

First of all, you're even misquoting yourself.

Secondly, and I'll put it in capitals so maybe it gets through this time, MY MENTION OF TRACTION CONTROL WAS IN RESPONSE TO YOU TALKING ABOUT PERFORMANCE FIGURES AND NOTHING TO DO WITH STOP/START. Maybe you should have started a different thread for the performance figures if you can't understand two different responses in one thread.

Thirdly, we know what gearbox you have. It's in your signature and you say it in nearly post.

Fourthly, if I ever see a 66 plate white MK2 I'm going to give it a wide berth.

TongueTongueTongueLOLLOLLOLTongueTongueTongue GOOD 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic