FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Forum LockedHead Light Adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Head Light Adjustment
    Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by New2K New2K wrote:

Gazwats, just on your last point, my Mk1 Kuga has xenons and you can adjust them manually from under the bonnet, as with any headlamp and as I had to do when my car was new.

Just not sure why a garage would touch them, unless asked to do so.

Maybe, as I think you may be thinking, they are halogen and someone has just twiddled the adjuster inside the vehicle.
Yep indeed you can adjust them manually as the thread in the Idle Chit Chat sub forum mentions:

That particular thread also links to a How To thread which contains a photo of the Ford Etis print out and some pics of the yellow adjustment slots:

Let's see what the OP comes back with regards to some clarity on the vehicle and what headlights they have.

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Sponsored Links

New2K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 11:18am
Gazwats, just on your last point, my Mk1 Kuga has xenons and you can adjust them manually from under the bonnet, as with any headlamp and as I had to do when my car was new.

Just not sure why a garage would touch them, unless asked to do so.

Maybe, as I think you may be thinking, they are halogen and someone has just twiddled the adjuster inside the vehicle.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 8:03am
IIRC late 2012 registration could make this either one of the last Mk1 Kugas or one of the early current Mk2 Kugas?

I'll move this thread to the appropriate sub form once clarified.

Also you mention the headlights are self adjusting / levelling that only applies to Xenon headlights (the halogen headlights are manually adjusted by the driver) thus it's rare for the Xenon to need adjusting.

Did the garage confirm, or did you ask, exactly what kind of adjustment they carried out?

There's a thread in the Idle Chit Chat sub forum regarding driving in Europe where I've uploaded some pics on how to flatten the Xenon beam for driving abroad and from memory that's the only type of Xenon headlight adjustment that I've read on here.

Edited by Gazwats - 22 Feb 2016 at 8:04am
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
mrcliff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrcliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 7:37am
Hi, I am new to forum and looking for help.
My Ford Kuga (Registered Sept 2012) has been serviced and I note that the headlights seem to have been "adjusted" and frankly I want to "re-adjust" as they are no way like as good as the pre service adjustment and they were perfectly OK before and not causing other drivers any issues.
I guess I should have taken the car straight back to the garage but they would say "it complies with the optical setting equipment and meet requirements for other drivers".
What I would like to know, although they are self adjusting/levelling,  can you re-align the head lights yourself? Thank you in anticipation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic