FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Too many "Stickies"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
martinpalermo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote martinpalermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many "Stickies"
    Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 1:49pm
Hi there

I really like the Club forum and have been browsing on it a lot of hours before becoming a member.

I want just to stress out that in most sub-forums there are TOO MANY "stickies", which makes it very unpleasant to scroll down to see the latest active non-sticky forums!

Especially on a mobile device, this is a nightmare!

Could you do something to remove stickies that are not so active?

Sponsored Links

AMC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 2:28pm
I tend to agree but find it quite easy just to go straight to Latest Forum Posts.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 8:16pm
I always go straight to "New Posts" when accessing the site unless I am looking for something specific in which case I use "Search"
ST-Line in frozen white, wind deflectors, rear bumper protector, too many toys n options to mention and dashcam to video the idiots on the road, just in case
Trafficman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trafficman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 10:22pm
What's a 'sticky' when it's at home please - for the information of a 'technophobe'
Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI AWD Titanium X, Platinum White metallic, Collected 24/3/15, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Reverse Camera/Sat Nav, Front/rear mudflaps.
martinpalermo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinpalermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:16pm
Yeap, "new posts" does the trick, but only if you want to catch-up :)

However imagine a new user, as myself, that wants to browse all the forums :)
AMC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 7:06am
Originally posted by martinpalermo martinpalermo wrote:

However imagine a new user, as myself, that wants to browse all the forums :)

... then all the best bits are in the stickies. 😀
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trafficman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 7:37am
Bump... (I think is the correct term) Dead
Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI AWD Titanium X, Platinum White metallic, Collected 24/3/15, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Reverse Camera/Sat Nav, Front/rear mudflaps.
AMC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Trafficman Trafficman wrote:

Bump... (I think is the correct term) Dead

Here you go ...
Quote In a forum, it means the thread is stuck to the top no matter what other posts are made. Normally a new post will move the thread to the top and older threads get shifted down. Stickies stay where they are. So in other words, if there is one sticky in a forum section, it will be at the top and no matter how much time goes by, it will stay there until it's unstuck.

Usually they are used for forum announcements so that everyone gets a chance to see them. Often they are used for forum rules and FAQs.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trafficman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 8:08am
Thank you AMC1 much appreciated for clearing that up for me Cool
Diesel weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diesel weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 1:08pm
Hi guys, as a new member could anyone tell me if there is is an annual bash/gathering anywhere in England. Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic