FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Titanium X Sport & Titanium X V5 wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
Its insurance time again and after doing some preliminary on line quotes last month car was showing as Titanium X when entering registration number so had to do it manually and select Titanium X Sport from drop down menu, as it did last year. Went on line today to sort eveything out ready for 10th April and when I input the registration number BINGO, car came up as Titanium X Sport on more than 1 site.
Something has definitely changed since V5 was corrected, happy days
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Sponsored Links

Alan1005 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

Its insurance time again and after doing some preliminary on line quotes last month car was showing as Titanium X when entering registration number so had to do it manually and select Titanium X Sport from drop down menu, as it did last year. Went on line today to sort eveything out ready for 10th April and when I input the registration number BINGO, car came up as Titanium X Sport on more than 1 site.
Something has definitely changed since V5 was corrected, happy days

Can I ask what sites these were and were they comparison sites ie Go Compare etc or specific insurance company sites
2015 Kuga Titanium X Sport AWD 180PS Moondust Silver. Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.

phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:25pm
Direct Line, Churchill, and Hastings, other sites still show as Titanium X, can't understand it to be honest, but not complaining as originally with Direct Line and have renewed with them, Funny thing is when I spoke to agent and explained what was going on he said he would correct my existing policy (which only has 5 days remaing),to show the XSport correctly and that I was due a rebate on the policy , all of £1.10p
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:26am
Oddly enough I've just moved from Ford Insure to Direct line and they have my Kuga as a TITX SP4X4 and while I did it on line I then spoke to them on the telephone and confirmed they had it down as a Sport.

I have my letter from Ford to amend the V5 when I get round to sending it to DVLA.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
CrispyUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrispyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by The.Real.Me The.Real.Me wrote:

Originally posted by CrispyUK CrispyUK wrote:

...just received the V5C for my 2017 Kuga Titanium X which I'm due to pick up in a week or two from the dealer.

However the V5C shows it has been registered as a KUGA ST-LINE X...

Read my posts further up this thread in the last two pages, my vehicle exactly the same and registered wrongly exactly the same

Ron

Cheers Ron, sorry I missed your posts when quickly scanning the last page of topic for 2017 model examples.

I batted this back to the dealer to sort as I've not taken delivery yet, they called today to say they've got a Ford letter ready confirming the error/changes required and will get it sent to DVLA with the incorrect V5C tomorrrow when I go in to sign finance papers
The.Real.Me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:17am

...just received the V5C for my 2017 Kuga Titanium X which I'm due to pick up in a week or two from the dealer.

However the V5C shows it has been registered as a KUGA ST-LINE X...

Read my posts further up this thread in the last two pages, my vehicle exactly the same and registered wrongly exactly the same

Ron

Cheers Ron, sorry I missed your posts when quickly scanning the last page of topic for 2017 model examples.

I batted this back to the dealer to sort as I've not taken delivery yet, they called today to say they've got a Ford letter ready confirming the error/changes required and will get it sent to DVLA with the incorrect V5C tomorrrow when I go in to sign finance papers

I have had 2 incorrect V5 documents so far, the first I received a few days after I collected my car, then another a few days after that when I changed my plates and put my private reg on, however, the receiving of the corrected V5 is taking longer than either of those previous incorrect V5's took, hoping it might arrive today.

Ron
2017 Kuga Titanium X, Deep Impact Blue (Metallic)
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm
Well finally sorted, V5 now correct, insurance documents just received after renewing and car listed on COI as Titanium X SPO, apparently their system abreviates Sport but who cares, I'm finally sorted
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:53am
Mine still hasn't arrived as yet, amazing that the 2 incorrect V5's arrived in a few days, the corrected version is taking an age!

Ron
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

Well finally sorted, V5 now correct, insurance documents just received after renewing and car listed on COI as Titanium X SPO, apparently their system abreviates Sport but who cares, I'm finally sorted

Hi phoneman. Have you tried doing a vehicle check since the updated V5 arrived?
2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Panther Black, Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Assistance Pack, Keyless With Hands Free Tailgate.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:04am
Originally posted by humming humming wrote:

Just had my corrected V5 back from the DVLA, it took about 2 weeks to get it done.

Now all I have to do is get the insurance people to recognise that their database is wrong. I have had to scan my corrected V5 and send it to them as they insist their database is correct

Sent my documents back 25th March 2017, they received them 28th March (thats when Royal Mail updated Track and Trace anyway) and to date still not received my corrected V5, 5 weeks this coming Saturday, will give them a ring next week if nothing before then :(

Ron
CrispyUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrispyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:13am
My V5C has arrived back in the post today with a covering letter from DVLA saying they cannot make the change because the supporting letter came from the dealer and not from Ford.

At least now I've got the V5C back I can put my private plate on the Kuga and insure it on that before the drive-away cover ends (otherwise get stung paying an admin fee to change the registration!)

Once the next V5C comes through with my registration on then I'll send a copy to Ford and get the magic letter to sort the model out and hopefully do a better job than the dealer managed! :)

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:04am
My corrected V5 had arrived when I got home from work yesterday so now I am all legal :) Non of the comparison insurance websites have updated yet though, they still show it as a ST Line, I tried Direct Line, Churchill, and Hastings as in phoneman's post above, all still incorrect.

Ron
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:55am

My corrected V5 had arrived when I got home from work yesterday so now I am all legal :) Non of the comparison insurance websites have updated yet though, they still show it as a ST Line, I tried <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Direct Line, Churchill, and Hastings as in phoneman's post above, all still incorrect.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Ron</span>

my V5 was amended September 2016 and still shows incorrectly everywhere
2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Panther Black, Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Assistance Pack, Keyless With Hands Free Tailgate.
tone1953 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tone1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:54pm
Finally...got my V5 back from the DVLA, It now says I own a Titanium X Sport (as it should) I reckon it took approx three months to get it back. If you count from the email to Ford and then the letter back from them and finally putting the letter in with original V5.....and then V5 back through my letter box this morning.
At least I can present the correct V5 at the time of a future sale or tradeSmile
2016 -Titanium X Sport -Frozen white - keyless entry - Sync 2
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by tone1953 tone1953 wrote:

At least I can present the correct V5 at the time of a future sale or tradeSmile

Convincing prospective purchasers that their online valuation is incorrect is where the fun starts as your car will always be valued as an X 😳
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic