FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Titanium X Sport & Titanium X V5 wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 1:11am
Sometimes an easy way to tell is from the vin sticker on the drivers door B pillar that shows the model. That's not always the case though as mine says Titanium X instead of Titanium X Sport. Can you let me know what yours says please?
2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Panther Black, Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Assistance Pack, Keyless With Hands Free Tailgate.
Sponsored Links

MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
Had a problem like this with my Titanium. The issue was that the v5 said hatchback, the insurance said Estate. I went to ford to clarify what was going on and they said they were both wrong as it is an SUV. Went round in circles for 3 months and have still not found a solution to the problem. Nobody would admit something wrong.

Edited by MSG00001 - 28 Aug 2017 at 7:48am
Current Car: 2017 Kuga ST Line X 2.0 TDCI FWD, Manual, Ruby Red, Rear Spoiler, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Heated Wheel

Previous Car-2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCI FWD, Manual, Shadow Black
Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:10pm
TBH I'm not sure I'd see that as a problem. There only is one Kuga bodystyle, however anyone chooses to describe it
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
ToolmakerBob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToolmakerBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:26pm
My old 92 Range Rover log book is down as an estate, with its trim level. Main thing to check is that the chassis/vin number matches between car and paperwork.
Mk2 kuga fwd soon but I do have other cars 😊
MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:26am
It all matches but insurance say the body type is wrong so insurance is invalid in case of a claim according to insurance agent

Edited by MSG00001 - 28 Aug 2017 at 7:48am
Current Car: 2017 Kuga ST Line X 2.0 TDCI FWD, Manual, Ruby Red, Rear Spoiler, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Heated Wheel

MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Pennine MC Pennine MC wrote:

TBH I'm not sure I'd see that as a problem. There only is one Kuga bodystyle, however anyone chooses to describe it
According to the insurance company it does matter. Everyone apart from them agrees as long as the VIN matches its ok but they say not. everything must match and no one knows how to fix it

Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by MSG00001 MSG00001 wrote:

Originally posted by Pennine MC Pennine MC wrote:

According to the insurance company it does matter. Everyone apart from them agrees as long as the VIN matches its ok but they say not. everything must match and no one knows how to fix it

Mmm, righto. Clearly a stupid insurance company, but I do see your point. The only thing I could suggest is to change insurers?

Edited by Pennine MC - 28 Aug 2017 at 8:11am
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:23am
There is a difference to the insurance company even though the power out and body is the same, its the word, 'Sport'. How they reason this is obviously debatable I'm sure, whether that's because we are more at risk in a car with Sport in its model name or the car itself is more expensive to repair because it was more expensive to buy.

Insurance companies will be more than happy not to investigate whether the Sport actually means anything. I guess someone should challenge this. We could contact Watchdog and find in 40 years time, its still the same.

Edited by Fillco - 28 Aug 2017 at 8:25am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
ToolmakerBob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToolmakerBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm

It all matches but insurance say the body type is wrong so insurance is invalid in case of a claim according to insurance agent

An estate body is the same as a 5 door hatch. Four side opening doors with windows and a rear opening door with window. Lots of ways to describe the same body type. I would say as long as the car is insured for it's worth (insurance value is their book price which is different to retail) and your insurance agrees the vin matches the reg I can't see what the issue is?
Mk2 kuga fwd soon but I do have other cars 😊
BazKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BazKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 2:45pm

I would suggest you ignore the insurance "agent" and contact the insurance company direct for their guidance. It would, in fact (Road Traffic Act 1988), be illegal for them to entirely invalidate cover purely based upon an administrative error during the vehicle's registration process. After all it's still a Ford Kuga.
2016 Titanium X Sport AWD, 180PS 2.0 TDCi, Powershift, Ruby Red, Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.
MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
Its a get out clause for the insurance company as usual but they have said if it is not the same on the v5 as to what they have then they can't insure it. 

Otto_Matic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm
This may or may not be a can of worms.  I understand that in many cases the manufacturer supplies dealers with a pre-filled in V55 form (first registration) so if they can't get it right then there is a problem. 

The manufacturers details often differ from the DVLA in that the DVLA do not support every possibility.  The obvious one here is the colour where the DVLA only have a limited set of colours they can use. For instance mine is Ginger Ale but the DVLA call it Green.  I have yet to see The DVLA use SUV or Sports Utility Vehicle although there is Sports.  Of course someone here may have SUV or even Estate as their description so it would be interesting to see if this is the case.

Can I suggest that everyone checks their ETIS, V5 and insurance details and report it here so we can get a idea of what the DVLA Body Type is for the majority of Kugas.  I will kick this off here:

Ford Etis Body Style (note Style not Type) is Sports Utility Vehicle.
DVLA V5 Body Type is 5 Door Hatchback.
Insurance (LV=) not stated anywhere on the Policy Schedule or Certificate.  The only description is 2015 Ford Kuga Titanium X 180 4x4 Auto (1498cc) and the registration number.  This information was obtained by LV from the registration when I originally requested a quote.  Not even the colour is stated.

Otto_Matic
2015 (65) Ford Kuga Titanium X 1.5T Ecoboost, 182PS, AWD, Automatic, Ginger Ale,
Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Sony DAB SatNav, Capretto Leather.
MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 9:29pm
Co-operative insurance: Estate
V5: Hatchback

Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Otto_Matic Otto_Matic wrote:

The only description is 2015 Ford Kuga Titanium X 180 4x4 Auto (1498cc) and the registration number.  This information was obtained by LV from the registration when I originally requested a quote.  Not even the colour is stated.

Otto_Matic

Is that your typo for the engine size, or have they put the wrong cc for the engine on your V5?
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
Otto_Matic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Ozekuga Ozekuga wrote:

Is that your typo for the engine size, or have they put the wrong cc for the engine on your V5?

No it is correct.  The nominal 1498cc rating allows for tolerances to keep it to 1500cc or 1.5L maximum, probably for Chinese tax purposes.  One reason why we don't get the 1.6L anymore.  If it was 1501cc it would be in the next Chinese tax bracket.  The 2.0L Ecoboost (1998cc?) is not available in the UK probably to keep the average CO2 down over the various model ranges to comply with EU directives.  I love the Kuga but the extra horses/torque would make it even better, although I am not sure about the fuel consumption.

2015 (65) Ford Kuga Titanium X 1.5T Ecoboost, 182PS, AWD, Automatic, Ginger Ale,
Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Sony DAB SatNav, Capretto Leather.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:29pm
The 2.0L Ecoboost is the only reason I bought the Kuga.
Together with the AWD it performs great. I get around 29 mpg which I very happy with, and fuel is half the price of the UK fuel.
The auto box is very poor and lets the side down, I would have a manual if they were available over here.
But having scratched the SUV itch I can now say I wouldn't have another, from any of the car manufacturers.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
bigdave47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdave47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:28am
Being a new Kuga owner I discovered the Kuga Owners  Club prior to picking up my car and started to read the various posts and came across the discussion relating to the problems around the incorrect registration details experienced by many Titanium X Sport owners and panic - well mild alarm - set in.

My new acquisition was a “used” automatic Titanium X Sport or so I had been informed and therefore I thought that I’d investigate. Lo and behold upon entering the registration details into insurance   comparison sites identified my car as an automatic Titanium X Sport 2.0L TDCI 4x4. Well nearly right it’s a Titanium X Sport  agreed, it’s a 4x4 agreed but it is not a 2.0 Diesel but a 1.5L Petrol engined Kuga.

On to the ETIS site, and after registering my personal details  I was able to see that my car is shown to be exactly as I had agreed to purchase - although Ford call it a Titanium Plus and describe it as a Sports Utility Vehicle. Step one confirmed

A visit to the dealer the following morning revealed that the V5 actually confirmed that the vehicle was registered as a Titanium X Sport and had been so since the last owner change some 12 months or so ago. The car was originally a Ford pre-reg with latest up grades at it's first reg. A check with my insurance company - Direct Line - confirmed that they were insuring the correct model etc and they confirmed that their reg no search had the details as they should be.

How can these comparison sites it get it so wrong as all my documentation, the V5 and the ETIS site identify the correct details for the vehicle and this where they claim to access data.

Thanks to the discussions on the owners site I was able to satisfy myself that the vehicle that I was buying is the correct vehicle and had all the correct documentation,
MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:38am
I have just got my new V5 through and now this one is put as a hatch back not as an estate like the old one. now everything should be this time. Apparently, the dealer told me it was the fault of the other dealer who registered it wrongly. 

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:34am
How long does it take for DVLA to turn round these documents. I obtained my letter from Ford last January and only got round to sending it to DVLA mid June. I have contacted DVLA to confirm they received my documents, which they have and are being processed.

Still waiting..
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
MSG00001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG00001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
they have to contact Ford and the dealer to verify everything in my case. I was going in circles for 3 months and still got no where

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic