FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Titanium X Sport & Titanium X V5 wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by flukey flukey wrote:

Do they know it as a sport because you told them?

If you insure via your reg number surely it will be as an X??

Cant remember now, but the premium was lifted a bit because it was a Sport.

Ford CRC are really good. At what, I personally have yet to find out.

Edited by Fillco - 31 Dec 2016 at 7:01am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Sponsored Links

phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:45am
What are the contact details for Ford CRC, is it Ford ONE CALL: 020 3564 4444 as I cant find an email, thanks

Edited by phoneman - 31 Dec 2016 at 6:48am
ST-Line in frozen white, wind deflectors, rear bumper protector, too many options to mention and dashcam to video the idiots on the road, just in case
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 6:58am
This is CRC Freephone number 0800 166166

email   UKCRC1@ford.com
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 9:15am
Thanks Phil
ST-Line in frozen white, wind deflectors, rear bumper protector, too many options to mention and dashcam to video the idiots on the road, just in case
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 12:34pm
Well, e-mail has been drafted and sent to Ford to see what they have to say, now we wait
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 12:46pm
Good luck and keep us posted.
2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Panther Black, Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Assistance Pack, Keyless With Hands Free Tailgate.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 1:17pm
Auto response received from Ford saying "we aim to respond to your email within 3 working days"
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 2:11pm
From memory crc said they couldn't deal with it and passed onto another department who sent me a letter for DVLA. Sure I took a copy but can't find it now!

Once the V5 is amended that's the first hurdle as mine still shows as an X on every other site other than DVLA which is causing the valuation problem and Ford and DVLA say there is nothing they can do about it.

I'll post any updates I get on the media I've contacted if I get any lol.
2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Panther Black, Adaptive Cruise Control, Driver Assistance Pack, Keyless With Hands Free Tailgate.
c130jtechie View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c130jtechie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 4:51pm
Finally changed our fabulous Mark 1 after 7 years for a year old 180 Titanium X Sport, one of the reasons was the price it was up for. It was not at a Ford Dealer but a reputable dealer none the less. I reckon not knowing the product properly they had gone by the V5 which, yes, shows it as a Titanium X. On insuring it though I made sure that it is a Titanium X Sport just now need to sort the V5.

I think if the Titanium X Sports are traded through a Ford dealer there wouldn't be a problem but a non franchised would give the lower value unless everything was correct and the customer convinced them of the specification.

Will look forwards to any updates

Edited by c130jtechie - 01 Jan 2017 at 4:52pm
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 5:50pm
Out of curiosity, what is on the V5 of the standard Kuga Sport, can anyone let us know
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 5:57pm
Ones registered correctly show the full model Titanium X Sport 4x4 in my case
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 6:00pm
That's what I've found. All dealers enter registration number and use that to value. In my case my V5 now shows correct details at DVLA but hpi etc still see it as an X hence the lower valuations
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:06pm
There are 2 models of Sport, there is the Titanium X Sport and the Sport. We know the trouble on V5 on the Titanium X Sport, I'm just curious to see if the Sport is registered correctly

Edited by phoneman - 01 Jan 2017 at 7:08pm
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

There are 2 models of Sport, there is the Titanium X Sport and the Sport. We know the trouble on V5 on the Titanium X Sport, I'm just curious to see if the Sport is registered correctly

The Titanium Sport is in the latest model range isn't it?? This issue relates to the 2012-15/16 models to my knowledge but it would be good to see if it's an ongoing issue.

Our 2012 Smax Titanium X Sport is registered correctly on both V5 and Etis.
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:01am

The Titanium Sport is in the latest model range isn't it?? This issue relates to the 2012-15/16 models to my knowledge but it would be good to see if it's an ongoing issue.

There's a Titanium Sport and a Titanium X Sport. The Titanium Sport was introduced in September 2015.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:48am
Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

There's a Titanium Sport and a Titanium X Sport. The Titanium Sport was introduced in September 2015.

That's what I thought. The issue is with earlier model as stated 2012-15/16 as some earlier models are registered late.

I've checked quite a few Titanium Sport models now and they have all been registered correctly.

However I have also checked some Titanium X models for the above years and they come up as Titanium X Sport!!
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
Update: Just received email from Ford asking for a scan of my V5 document, query is progressing.
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 2:01pm
Looks like they might be taking this seriously now then, less than a day to respond is good going especially over a holiday
flukey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:09pm
[QUOTE=grjstaples] there is a story in this weeks auto express about this - admittedly it was an Audi - but the consequences are similar

I've had a chance to read that article now thanks and yes there are some similarities but that is just a typo affecting 1 vehicle whereas this issue affects every single Kuga I have checked from 2013-2015 which left "as is" will inevitably affect future values of the vehicles involved.

I have now emailed the author of the Audi article to see if he will run a story on this issue.

Once again thanks for the lead
platinium white View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote platinium white Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 5:28pm
Having the same problem with my car, emaled customer relationship centre on the 3 jan got an email back on the 5th telling me to contact team at UKDAC@ford.com got an email back from them today the 6th asking me for my vin number and postal address so they can sent a written letter to confirm model so i can sent to dvla for amend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic