FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Timing belt replacement servicing question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tsobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timing belt replacement servicing question.
    Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:59pm
First post so apologies if I do anything wrong in advance. Have just purchased a ford kuga second hand and it had done 121,000 miles with full service history. I have searched online and on the forum and can't seem to find a definite answer regarding when the timing belt needs replacing.
The car is 2012 plate and mileage is 121,000. When I rang ford they advised this needed replacing at 125,000 miles but confused as others say it should be 120,000 miles. When is it definitely best to get it changed please wait for 125,000 or do it now.
Also where would you recommended to get this done most economically as "times are hard" but would also want it done right. I know ford charge about 449 any other alternatives please?.
And for general servicing Ford charge about 200 under motorcraft. Can anyone recommend any cheap garage alternatives which can possibly match the same? Looking forward to your advice and apologies for asking too much.
Sponsored Links

kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:27am
Get it changed as soon as possible and if that is a fixed price from fords take it
we run 10 ford mondeo's (same engine) and been unlucky enough to have a cam belt go despite some having full service history and under 120k
much cheaper to the change the belt than the engine
BruceKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:41am
I think you will find Rates ford in Grays very good on service costs.  I think a Motorcraft regular service is about £125. Locally they offer a collect and deliver service too.  01375 391234 and ask for the service department.  I have always been satisfied with their service.   

Edited by BruceKuga - 03 Jan 2017 at 7:42am
June '16 Titanium X 180AWD, Appearance & convenience packs, Shadow Black. Towbar/13 pin. Mudflaps.
tsobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:10pm
Hmm thanks out of the 10 how many went wrong please?
tsobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:11pm
Thanks have had a look and will consider them.
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:17pm
2 engines replaced one was cam belt

tsobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:32pm
Many thanks I will book it in fords. I have done some research and the local garages will charge about 350 for replacement of belt and water pump and yet ford charge 450.I think I will rather ford do it as if something at least it's them. Also today whilist driving the car not sure if am just being paranoid but could feel as if the car was stuttering a bit whilist driving. Mind you the weather has been a bit rough but yes will take it in thanks for your input.
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 4:44pm
I let the service change mine at around 178 000km.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
tsobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 4:50pm
That's like 110.000.00 miles right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic