FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Thoughts please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sam b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts please
    Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:07pm
Hi all ordered my st-line about 6 weeks ago have gone for copper pulse with 19 inch black alloys, large spoiler, tints towbar , winter pack aswell but I only have a couple of days to make any final changes am really unsure weather to have the xenon hd headlights and led rear lights aswell at a cost of £15 per month . thoughts and pictures would be massively appreciated

Edited by Sam b - 16 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:44pm
go for it, the bi xenons are supposed to be good, plus they'll turn and show you more of the road in corners etc.

2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:16am
Fancy lighting is always worth the extra. Plus the standard halogen lights are cr*p!
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
dexterPicard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:31am
I would say those xenon lights comes with a price tag. Here in Denmark, it is €2000+ . That is quite a sum of money for xenon and the corner light option.
Curr: 2017 Kuga MCA ST-Line, 1.5 , Shadow black, rearcam, driver ass. pack, park. pack, panorama, Sync3/SatNav, 18" & 19", rails, keyless.
Prev: Kuga Titanium Ecoboost 1.5 Petrol (2015) Magnetic.
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:30am
It's a bit more than that, in the UK to  get that on a ST Line you need the st line style pack

ST Line Style Pack
£1,125
Includes large rear spoiler, privacy glass and Bi-Xenon HD Headlights with Headlamp Jet Wash, Dynamic Bending and Adaptive Beam Shape plus LED rear lights
2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
Sam b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:20am
I get it at a discounted price because I work for Landrover but still works out to be just a touch over 900 but I have no idea weather it’s worth the extra money
Trigg123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigg123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:52pm
Adaptive lights are worth every penny imo.£900 for that pack is a good shout.
Sam b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:12pm
Done it after a some thought I removed the towbar and had the lights instead I only had the towbar just in case I need it but to be fair I have bars and a roof box so was a bit pointless 😁😁😁
Duple View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:47pm
I had those swivel HIDs on a Tit X Focus, my commute to work involves 10 roundabouts and the beam moving drove me round the bend. 

My previous Tit X Kuga only had standard Xenons and the auto-leveling was annoying on that too.

Much prefer the fixed Halogens I have now.
2017 2.0 150 Diesel Man FWD ST Line - Ruby Red, Appearance Pack, Sony Sync 3 Nav, Rear Spoiler, Winter Pack & Enhanced Park Assist.
ChrisC600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisC600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:03am
Standard lighting is only slightly better than candles. The xenon lights are superb and it sounds like it’s something you really want, so go for it or you’ll regret it every time you drive in the dark.
Titanium 180 AWD Powershift Deep Impact Blue,18 inch Alloys,Appearance Pack,Convenience Pack,Driver Assistance Pack,Factory Tow Bar,Heated Seats.   
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:24am
HID (Xenons) are a great improvement over the stock Halogen candle bulbs I converted mine for approx` £30 using 5000K H7R bulbs its easy to do basically remove the bulbs and replace with HID bulbs, fit the ballast (one screw) connect it up (plug n play) 

The road becomes daylight at night and the new H7R bulbs doesn`t dazzle and gives the correct beam setting.

I fitted the first HID conversion 13 years ago in an RX-8 and several cars since, now done in my 911 as well and now do it for dipped beam and main beam headlights, they have always passed an MOT without problem the kits used to be expensive but are very cheap now.

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade over candle Halogen bulbs.

Del.

Edited by 4wdKuga - 27 Oct 2017 at 10:26am
2016 Impact Blue AWD 180 TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:42am
Is changing the bulb type a "modification" for insurance purposes?
67 reg Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:58am
I'm not sure what the rules are in the UK but it's illegal in Australia to change a halogen headlight to HID or LED with after-market kits.The beam pattern is altered which can blind oncoming drivers. HID's are also required to have auto levelling and washers here.

Edit: have a read of this http://greyhead.co.uk/are-aftermarket-hid-lights-legal-in-the-uk
 and this https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/aftermarket-hid-headlamps/aftermarket-hid-headlamps

Quote In the Department for Transport’s (DfT) view it is not legal to sell or use after market HID lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon. If a customer wants to convert his vehicle to Xenon HID he must purchase completely new Xenon HID headlamps. The reason for this is that the existing lens and reflector are designed around a Halogen filament bulb, working to very precise tolerances. If one places a HID “burner” (bulb) in the headlamp, the beam pattern will not be correct, there will be glare in some places and not enough light in other places within the beam pattern.

Edited by murcod - 28 Oct 2017 at 1:03am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:22pm
The trouble is lighting technology moves on quite quickly but the all seeing powers that over see it all are way too slow, the claim about after HID market lighting causing problems has been addressed by the bulb manufacturers, HID burners are only fitted in projector type headlights because the light beam is controlled by the lense consequently fitting an HID burner into an open type reflector caused unwanted light scatter and poor light spread but the manufacturers now produce a H7R bulb that accurately controls the emitted light so the headlight replicates the Halogen bulb beam but with a much better intensity of light as regards legality the only requirement for car lighting is that it has been checked and a current MOT certificate renewed every 12 months. 

LED bulbs are rapidly taking over and whilst still a little ineffective compared to the Halogen bulbs they are getting better and currently there is no regulations to cover the fitment of these even the so called uprated "Xenon" type bulbs do not meet with current regulations.

I have always declared any modifications to my insurance and to date have not had any problem with changing light bulbs.

Del.

Edited by 4wdKuga - 28 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
2016 Impact Blue AWD 180 TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic