FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

The new Kuga - an alternative review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The new Kuga - an alternative review
    Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm
My Kuga is a month old  now
It has done just under 600 miles

When it was 10 days old the oil cooler developed a fault and by the time it was safe to stop all the oil
had leaked out
The end result was I needed a new engine

I was very unhappy with this after waiting 7 months for the car for it to fail in such a short time

I asked the dealer Dinnages of Brighton for a refund or a exchange vehicle this was refused by them
I took legal advice and was told if I went to court it could go either way
they have given me a goodwill gesture of extended warranty and five free services

A new engine and other parts was fitted by the top tech at the dealer
the car was valeted and I have had the car back for three days now

At the moment I am happy they wouldn't give me my money back and I still like driving my Kuga

I am only putting this on the forum for information hopefully it one was a one off 

Sponsored Links

Kuga1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 5:36pm
What spec kuga do you have mate.... Sorry to hear about your problems.... I pick mine up in 2 weeks so hopefully all goes smooth...
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 5:49pm
titaniuam x 163bhp with powershift and all the extras apart from the family pack
I think it was a one off (badly put together oil cooler) that failed
Tigger b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 7:29pm
After waiting for so long that must have been a PITA. Hopefully, with a new engine, the car should be as good as new and you will enjoy driving it. The Kuga is a good car and I have found it seems to improve after you get a few miles on it.

Happy motoring
Cheers Hugh
Mk 2 Titanium X TDCI 163 AWD Manual. Ginger Ale. Appearance pack, convenience pack and mud flaps.
caver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:26pm
Great compensation from the dealer!
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:36pm
And  now my Kuga has had the engine fitted by a top tech and you can't get any better than that
so even better than when it came out of the factory
CONCORDE View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CONCORDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:06pm
I called in to my local dealer last week (EH in Hull) just to see what they had in the showroom (no Kugas Thumbs Down) Got chatting to the salesmen who had sold me my last two cars and both stated Kugas still bad to get hold of but that they were expecting a Tit X Sport for their showroom. Anyway to the point both told me they were having lots of engine issues with the new Kugas they had sold to date, seems strange as it is the same engines (certainly diesels) which are in the MK 1 which had given them few issues.    
2010 Titanium AWD Panther Black, Individual Pack (leather heated seats, 19" wheels, privacy glass, roof bars, aluminium pedals and the seat back trays) Convenience Pack and Bluetooth/Voice Control/USB
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:16pm
Only time will tell I am sure we will hear on the forum if mine was not a one off
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 8:01am
Why the heck does a dealer say such things?
IanG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 10:46am
Fair enough if the dealer has evidence to back this up. Is the MK2 built in the same factory as the MK1?
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Fair enough if the dealer has evidence to back this up. Is the MK2 built in the same factory as the MK1?
No the Mk1 was built in Sarrlouis (close to the Germany / France border) and the Mk2 is built in Valencia.

However where the car was built will have no reflection on the engines as they're built in different Ford facilities around Europe, for example some Ford engines are built in Bridgend South Wales:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bridgend_Engine_Plant

Edited by Gazwats - 06 Nov 2013 at 12:35pm
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
IanG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

No the Mk1 was built in Sarrlouis (close to the Germany / France border) and the Mk2 is built in Valencia.

However where the car was built will have no reflection on the engines as they're built in different Ford facilities around Europe, for example some Ford engines are built in Bridgend South Wales:

Thanks wasn't sure whether where the engines were built
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Thanks wasn't sure whether where the engines were built
No worries, in fact I've just seen that the diesel engines are in all likelihood produced at Dagenham if Wiki is still up to date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Dagenham
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
IanG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 1:53pm
If that's the case and the engines are largely the same wonder why they seem to be having issues with the MK2
TonyKuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyKuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 10:15am
Going back to the first post....is the oil cooler part of the Dagenham(?)package or something fitted at car assembly?

Can spec be an issue? Has adding auto/powershift, Haldex/now ford 4WD and all the other complications imported a vulnerability?

My "simple" MK2 2WD TDCi 136 PS Zetec to date has no issues

T
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 11:04am
I was told the engines are built in the uk and are tried in the factory and then shipped to spain
Mind you do we belive anything we are told
All I know the kuga is driving very well and I am Happy with the new engine
I have got a couple of software updates needed for the keyless locking and the fuel gauge
And a possible bad connection with the sensor for the forward alert
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 1:27pm
Ford may have some awful customer service but they make good cars and fun to drive
I have been driving the kuga for the last ten days and had to get back in my mondeo today as the kuga is going in for a check up and the fuel gauge and keyless locking fault
I just can't make up mind which car I like best they both are so good to drive
both are powershifts and I would have a hard job to choose which one to get rid of

Tigger b View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:08pm
Glad things are going well after your engine rebuild. As you put a few more miles on it will drive even better. Happy motoring.

Cheers Hugh.
Mk 2 Titanium X TDCI 163 AWD Manual. Ginger Ale. Appearance pack, convenience pack and mud flaps.
blastersump View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blastersump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 8:24pm
Only petrol engines are built in Bridgend.
A||[a]N View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A||[a]N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:36am
I tot they would have tested the engine again and again before shipping out?
Isn't that they case? to ensure the engine will not fail, leakage etc etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic