FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Sync 3 Update (released February)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:29pm
Well, the call has not come from Ford but I have had an e-mail, the context of which is as copied

Good morning Ronnie,

I have spoken to our Ford Technical Department regarding your concerns, and they have advised me this is a normal characteristic for your vehicle.
They have also advised that if you are unhappy with this, it may be worth speaking to the Dealership again for further evaluation.
If you choose to do this, they may be able to get Technical more involved.

Kind regards,

Unbelievable, all contact has been by telephone up until now when the email arrived. I have replied to them in no uncertain terms as to my feelings and told them I will be taking this further.
On a more positive note, dealer said they were to liaise with Ford Technical and get back to me which they have done but unfortunately I missed the call which was taken by my wife, and they are going to ring me back ( probably to say what the email said)
Kuga 1,Platinum White Titanium with X Pack
Kuga 2, Panther Black Titanium X Sport
Kuga 3 Frozen White, ST Line,with many extras (and ongoing DAB text fault)
Sponsored Links

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:56pm
Well, thats exactly the same as my letter Ronnie.

So its a normal characteristic of your Kuga only as other Kuga's seem to be able to display text correctly.

They are totally ignoring the ruling by the Ombudsman and the EU specification for in-vehicle DAB receivers. But they've been through that with me and still choose the 'its normal' reply.

Edited by Fillco - 09 May 2018 at 4:03pm
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:05pm
Just had dealer on phone Phil, wanted to know who I was speaking to at Ford so have forwarded email to him with the case number. He is positive that a fault exists and wants to persue it. Now considering my options as to where to go next
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:10pm
That's the same response I received from Ford on the DAB text issue and the lack of Climate Controls on Sync 3.  I'd hate to admit it but Ford have won this one, as I'm not prepared to constantly book the car into the dealer to have the issue investigated.  Normally I would do, but had a big issue with a previous car which took over a year to resolve, with the manufacturer saying that they won't investigate the issue anymore and having to take the matter to the ombudsman (which I won).  I'll keep watching with interest though, just in case Ford do come to their senses and realise how things should work!
MK2.5 Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, 19" wheels
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:13pm
The email to Ron is from Customer Services who simply relay what Ford technical tell them.

I think it will get resolved.

The only real annoying thing to me is that they believe that their answer is sufficient and that we should accept poor quality.

Edited by Fillco - 09 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
oscarmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:30pm
Today the our 30/May/2017 Kuga went on for its first service, asked about updates our is on 2.2, Bristol Street have come back they do not carry out updates to Sync 3
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:03pm
Melvin, that may well be the case as Ford have released a self install update on their website. The issue we are discussing at the moment can only be resolved by dealer applied software updates. Out of curiosity does you kuga display full program text information whilst on DAB, please post and let us know, thanks
Ronnie
dexterPicard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

This is typical of what I get across various DAB stations, max 64 characters
I was wrong Ouch

I was sure it was 2 full lines of text, today it was one line, and next line cut after a few letters.
Curr: 2017 Kuga MCA ST-Line, 1.5 , Shadow black, rearcam, driver ass. pack, park. pack, panorama, Sync3/SatNav, 18" & 19", rails, keyless.
Prev: Kuga Titanium Ecoboost 1.5 Petrol (2015) Magnetic.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:51pm
Yes Dexter that is the problem and according to Ford is a characteristic of the car and it is working as intended and they are not aware of a problem...........b o l l o c k s.......this has been in existence since Sync2 and not just on the Kuga. Today I have emailed Ford CRC management asking a lot of questions that I want answering, and that I do not want the standard generic reply which we are all receiving. We want a solution and the more emails that get sent to UKCRC1@ford.com highlighting the problem the better IT IS NO GOOD DISCUSSING IT ON THE FORUM AND NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I urge all members with this problem to email Ford and when you get the generic reply keep emailing them again and again. Lets get this sorted

Edited by phoneman - 10 May 2018 at 6:54pm
oscarmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscarmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:41pm

Melvin, that may well be the case as Ford have released a self install update on their website. The issue we are discussing at the moment can only be resolved by dealer applied software updates. Out of curiosity does you kuga display full program text information whilst on DAB, please post and let us know, thanks
Ronnie

No text, and I am not capable of the updates
Safrane View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:54am
Originally posted by oscarmax oscarmax wrote:

Ronnie

No text, and I am not capable of the updates

Melvin ,  believe me when I say that if I can carry out the update to Sync3 version 3.0
then anyone can. I didn't even know what unzipping a file meant . But following instructions
and with bit of luck mixed up with trial and error , it worked.

Edited by Safrane - 11 May 2018 at 7:55am
2017 1.5 ecoboost FWD 120bhp petrol manual titanium fixed towing bkt.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:10am
Dab/Media text problem
As this fault has turned out not to be related to the latest sync3 updateI will repost in new topic

Edited by phoneman - 12 May 2018 at 9:19am
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:48am
That's right Ronnie, the text is an unrelated issue which was why I always quoted Sync version as a 'Time line', Fault with DAB text occurred as Sync 2 was introduced in the MK2 and was inherited by Sync 3 I was told by Germany it is the same ACM in Kuga's with Sync 2 and Sync 3 revisions). However, Sync and the DAB text incompatibility within the ACM were updated together on Sync 2 and it looks like Ford believed it to be the case with Sync 3.

I think you could have retained this thread as I was made aware by the Ford dealer that carried out mine, the order of updates was crucial. My Sync 2 was updated in December 2016 but they had to reinstall it in December 2017 when they updated the ACM. Of course, it maybe that Ford don't really know what they are doing, and recent events unfortunately seem to support this of course.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:58pm
Had the call from Ford today and as promised it did come from a manager, went through all my case notes and screen shots to confirm the text fault. Promised she would look into it further with Ford Technical and get back to me hopefully by Friday.
The.Real.Me View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:21am
My dealer phoned me a couple of weeks ago to tell me Ford had been in touch and they now know what the problem is with the Text etc so dropping mine off with Dealer tonight for them to look at tomorrow and Friday (they want 2 days!!) I could have took it in last week but as I was away so this is the earliest they could do it.

They are going to try again (this will be the dealers SIXTH attempt to cure the text & DAB drop outs)

Someone from Ford Technical is going to oversee the attempt, not holding my breath as someone from Ford Technical has done the same on the last 2 attempts and it hasnt worked to date.

Ron
2017 Kuga Titanium X Ecoboost 1.5L 16V (150PS) Petrol, Deep Impact Blue (Metallic) Blackvue DR650S - 2CH Dashcam
magnetic st line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnetic st line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:04pm
my st went in for its first service yesterday asked if they would do the update they were a lil shifty saying it takes too long butafter pushing them its booked in for the 30/5/18 for the update i also over heard that they were "ordering a new sync unit " as theve had soooooo many failiers that its easier that way    go figure  andy
The.Real.Me View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by magnetic st line magnetic st line wrote:

my st went in for its first service yesterday asked if they would do the update they were a lil shifty saying it takes too long butafter pushing them its booked in for the 30/5/18 for the update i also over heard that they were "ordering a new sync unit " as theve had soooooo many failiers that its easier that way    go figure  andy

Mine has failed 5 times so far.

Ron
2017 Kuga Titanium X Ecoboost 1.5L 16V (150PS) Petrol, Deep Impact Blue (Metallic) Blackvue DR650S - 2CH Dashcam
John-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:50pm
Maybe replacing the sync unit is the only solution to resolve the many failures owners have experienced with the text issue, we await the outcome with yours Andy, sounds like a positive move by your dealer.
Kuga ST line X 180D AWD Auto, Ruby Red, heated steering wheel, privacy glass, rear camera, large spoiler, 19" black alloys.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:29pm
Hope its good news Andy, post outcome as soon as you can....Ronnie
ardbloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardbloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:54pm
Sync 3 v3 now installed dab is still truncated. Whoopee. Here we go again and have only had car a month. Great vehicle though"
Power is nothing without control
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic