FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Summers Drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summers Drive
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 3:50pm

Edited by DaveUrq - 09 May 2016 at 4:05pm
Sponsored Links

jetty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 4:55pm
Looking good. Love the rims.
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by jetty jetty wrote:

Thank you, much appreciated.

No one seems to comment on much here. Must be the worst forum I have ever belonged to for that!!

Had an RS Focus MKII before the Kuga. That forum was so good. Rather disappointed with this one!

Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DaveUrq DaveUrq wrote:

No one seems to comment on much here. Must be the worst forum I have ever belonged to for that!!

Had an RS Focus MKII before the Kuga. That forum was so good. Rather disappointed with this one!

A total of six posts from your good self in the 7 weeks since you joined is hardly adding to the community, are there no threads that you're interested in or feel like commenting on?  

Btw I'm not having a pop or being critical I'm just looking at the other side of your comment that's all. 

To try and put this particular forum into some sort of context for you seeing as someone else recently had a similar moan / complaint:
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Originally posted by Frazzle Frazzle wrote:

Thank you...bit quite in here is it not? is there another active Kuga forum?
The forum stats (available for all to view) on the forums home page) indicate that this is something of a niche forum:

It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise seeing as the Kuga isn't exactly Fords top selling (units sold) model unlike say the Fiesta or Focus nor does it lend itself to modifying to the extent of the likes of the Fiesta and Focus where those forums will see much more volume of traffic as a result.

Count yourself lucky you're not about to buy a Ford Ecosport if this forum is too quiet for your liking. 

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:44pm
That top pic btw is a cracker and has captured some fabulous colours.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:58pm

Originally posted by DaveUrq DaveUrq wrote:

A total of six posts from your good self in the 7 weeks since you joined is hardly adding to the community, are there no threads that you're interested in or feel like commenting on?  

Btw I'm not having a pop or being critical I'm just looking at the other side of your comment that's all. 

To try and put this particular forum into some sort of context for you seeing as someone else recently had a similar moan / complaint:
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Originally posted by Frazzle Frazzle wrote:

Thank you...</span><b style="line-height: 16.8px;">bit quite in here is it not?<span style="line-height: 16.8px;"> is there another active Kuga forum?
The forum stats (available for all to view) on the forums home page) indicate that this is something of a niche forum:</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">It shouldn't come as that much of a </span>surprise<span style="line-height: 16.8px;"> seeing as the Kuga isn't exactly Fords top selling (units sold) model unlike say the Fiesta or Focus nor does it lend itself to modifying to the extent of the likes of the Fiesta and Focus where those forums will see much more volume of traffic as a result.</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Count yourself lucky you're not about to buy a Ford Ecosport if this forum is too quiet for your liking. </span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span> 

I accept your comments. But I am often not able to access a computer or the internet and that restricts my participation enormously. I do try and comment when I can, but compared to the RS FOCUS FORUM there is a lot less going on here. People generally tend to comment on pictures of totally standard new cars! There are not many people who seem to be looking at modifying their Kugas in any way. Shame because there are numerous options available.

I am sure that there are more Kugas on the road than there are RS FOCUS MKIIs. It's just that the owners of those cars are usually very enthusiastic about their vehicles and tend to cherish them far more.

Ill keep trying and commenting when I can.

At least I got some comments by being a little controvertial!

Edited by DaveUrq - 09 May 2016 at 8:11pm
BazKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BazKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 10:26pm
Fully understand what you are saying but you've got to take into account the demographics of who buys Ford RS models and who buys Ford Kuga models. Then consider how different a Rallye Sport is from a crossover SUV. That's part of the reason why conversations on this forum are more....shall we say "reserved" and the desire to customise or modify there but less enthusiastic.

I bet the average age on this forum is far higher than on the RS Forum!
2016 Titanium X Sport AWD, 180PS 2.0 TDCi, Powershift, Ruby Red, Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 12:09pm
I quite agree, with your comments regarding who buys what models etc, I have done all the modifying I wanted to in my "younger" years lol this forum is brilliant if you need information on how to do smallish jobs on your pride and joy that is not covered by the owners manual, also good threads that enable you to access the wiring diagrams workshop manual etc, 
I have been a member of a few forums in the past and one of the most "enthusiastic" of these was the Reliant Scimitar Owners Club, now that is what you would call "an Anorak's Dream" lolTongue
60 plate Panther Black Titanium 2wd with Panoramic Glass Roof, front and rear sensors, full leather
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 12:12pm
By the way DaveUrq, I do love the look of yours, the frozen white and the rims really do look the dogs!Smile

60 plate Panther Black Titanium 2wd with Panoramic Glass Roof, front and rear sensors, full leather
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Levz65 Levz65 wrote:

I quite agree, with your comments regarding who buys what models etc, I have done all the modifying I wanted to in my "younger" years lol this forum is brilliant if you need information on how to do smallish jobs on your pride and joy that is not covered by the owners manual, also good threads that enable you to access the wiring diagrams workshop manual etc, 
I have been a member of a few forums in the past and one of the most "enthusiastic" of these was the Reliant Scimitar Owners Club, now that is what you would call "an Anorak's Dream" lolTongue

Hi Levz, thanks for the comment, much appreciated.
I'm 56 now. But I just can't have a standard car! I never have. I tend to modify everything that I have ever owned. I just don't like totally standard stuff from manufacturers. There is always something I want to improve and change to my liking! Don't think I will ever loose the bug.

I'm pleased you like the rims. It's also lowered and I'm going on the rolling road next week for a map! Should be around 200bhp from the standard 163. Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Dave.

Edited by DaveUrq - 10 May 2016 at 1:45pm
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 3:42pm
Hi DaveUrq,
Had mine re-mapped to 170 BHP from 140, used the new Quantum remap and the difference is quite noticeable, better throttle response, fuel economy up from 42 to 44.6 to gallon (but all depends how you drive) 
Just turned 50 myself and modified a few cars  so can see where you are coming from! 
will be interesting to see what 200bhp is like in a diesel I would imagine that it would pull like a train through most gears!!
Let us know how it goes,
One question, which kit did you use for lowering?
Levz
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:41pm

Hi DaveUrq,
<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>Had mine re-mapped to 170 BHP from 140, used the new Quantum remap and the difference is quite noticeable, better throttle response, fuel economy up from 42 to 44.6 to gallon (but all depends how you drive) 
Just turned 50 myself and modified a few cars  so can see where you are coming from! 
will be interesting to see what 200bhp is like in a diesel I would imagine that it would pull like a train through most gears!!
Let us know how it goes,
One question, which kit did you use for lowering?
Levz

Hi Levz,

I used Bilstein B6 dampers and the Spax springs.
The reason for the Spax was they lower the car 30mm at the front and 40mm at the rear. Eibach, which are Fords preferred springs lower 30mm all round. I thought the rear was a little too high anyway so wanted to address that.

Ill let you know what the map is like. Wont be like my RS, but should feel fairly quick.
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:53pm
Hmmm 
I might have a look into that! Can see the ££££'s already racking up lol LOL am sure the wife will be please...not!!
Thanks DaveUrq
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:05am

Hmmm 
<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">     </span>I might have a look into that! Can see the ££££'s already racking up lol LOL am sure the wife will be please...not!!
Thanks DaveUrq

You can just buy the springs if you want. Works out a lot cheaper and looks the same when lowered.

Think the springs cost me about £164.00 A bit more than the Eibachs.

The Spax springs sell for wildly varying amounts, so make sure you shop around.
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 2:47pm
Thats not a bad price really thought it would be a lot more,
Thanks for the info
pipes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:06am
very nice mate, it looks the dogs, boll,s,   I just bought a mk2, it is cr*p in comparison to the mk1, so hang on to it.
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by pipes pipes wrote:

very nice mate, it looks the dogs, boll,s,   I just bought a mk2, it is cr*p in comparison to the mk1, so hang on to it.

My mates got a MKII. It's quieter and more refined, but I just can't get used to the larger body shape. It just doesn't seem to please the eye as much!
freddykuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddykuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:25pm
I would be intrested to see if you get the 200 bhp from the 163 as the remaps only tended to take them up to 180 that's why I didn't get mine done at the time .now I've gone for 180 bhp diesel I've mapped it and it goes like stink it's up to 220 and through the gears it really pulls and when you drop down now it moves that was the one thing I hated about the 163 you dropped down and it wouldn't pull away
adam#27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam#27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:03pm
I agree.worst forum ever.people not put so much pictures and make comments only on friends pictures.i show my new black wheels 3months agoand no one even comments that.i dont care anymore. Feel dissapointed a bit

Edited by adam#27 - 08 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
2014. KUGA ZETEC 2.0 TDCi 140 PS.FWD.APPERANCE PACK.18 "ALLOYS.STERLING GREY
Dug49y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dug49y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 9:24am
Hi Dave , love the look of ur Kuga with the rims and lowered , I'm same as u , I can't seam to leave anything alone lol, just got a mk2 titanium sport and I'm looking at rims and springs , already fitted a tuning box and pedal box taking it from 150 to around 190 and it's brilliant , found some Eibachs at demon tweets that drop the rear 40 and front 30 , what size are your rims
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic