FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Start problem again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 9:10pm
It never sounds like its lumpy running though George, its sounds very smooth for the brief time it is running wouldn't you say.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Sponsored Links

Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:34am
We have had to cancel the Ford appointment due to my wife having to change her work rota...

This morning again it started upon the second attempt.....
I know that i have mentioned this before but on the three attemps where its as failed to start first time the outside as been much lower than that rather hot couple of weeks we had where it started first time in that period.....

Those temps where 8degrees 12degrees and 10degrees i know wthat they are not cold temps but cool......
So its the glowplug relay faulty in anyway....

Can anybody tell me where it is located in the kuga and how to get to it.....
2010 Zetec 2ltr TDCI 2WD SUV frozen white
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:52am
Fuel to air mixture for cold weather starting may be wrong. Mention this technician.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

Fuel to air mixture for cold weather starting may be wrong. Mention this technician.

What does that mean or entail......

On another note....
Since the mechanic had it for a day or so and did all that work he did which is entailed in a post above the kuga my wife says its sounds wayyyy better and not struggling like it used to before.....
So whatever he as done as helped in some way.....

Edited by Ant - 06 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:58am
When the cold engine starts up it may need more fuel to make the engine go in relation to the amount of fuel being drawn into the engine.
This will be controlled by the engine ECU and is not something you will be able to adjust without the correct software.
I think the mechanic you have used has improved the settings for the running of the engine but it still has a problem where the ECU is cutting the engine off when it is starting due to a condition we don't know of but may be logged by the ECU.
This is the reason you should persevere with getting the car on to the Ford diagnostic system as they may be able to see faults that other mechanics with generic diagnostic systems can't.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
hillybilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:01am
There is limited easy to stop a diesel most common lack of fuel I still think you have a fuel delivery problem to the high pressure common rail pump.
The fuel rail provided there are no leaks will hold high presure indefinitely if there is a fuel delivery problem ie faulty non return valve air leak dodgy suply pump software fact bad
Electrical conection .
So car starts then stops why? No suitable fuel ? Did the rail presure drop ? Or did on board software cut electrical power to injectors, you mention a acrid smell witch points to fuel
Presure dropping off ie running out off fuel.the the rail presure needs to be built up by cranking the engine till there is enough fuel presure to allow injection to cylinders engine will start and run maybe not at its best acrid smell dpf under stress .
Need to have it on dealers diagnostics while it suffers it's faults.
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:40am
Due to my wifes work commitments et we cannot take the car to ford as they dont work weekends etc...
The wife requires the kuga for work due to early starts...

This morning the kuga fired up first time not a problem....

Going to see if we can get the DPF to do a regen on the motorway this week.....
As the smell could well be the dpf.....
Nothing to loose by trying a regen....
tractorboy View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:51am
How about trying to log some data again on a failed start?  RPM, airflow, fuel pressure, throttle position should tell a good story.

Bob
2013 Kuga Titanium X 2.0 TDCI 163PS Powershift AWD.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 10:07am
Ant as a matter of intrest what is the oil level like in the sump does the level increase at all.
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by tractorboy tractorboy wrote:

How about trying to log some data again on a failed start?  RPM, airflow, fuel pressure, throttle position should tell a good story.

Bob

I thought that..
But the last two days its started first time....

Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by hillybilly hillybilly wrote:

Ant as a matter of intrest what is the oil level like in the sump does the level increase at all.

The oil level is ok i chk it weekly when i top up the screenwash.....
Engine coolant is ok aswell..
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 10:37am
Touch wood the kuga as been starting ok for almost 2wks now.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 8:32pm
Good
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:26pm
Every time we book the kuga into ford we have to cancel it the day before due to the missus work commitments changing......grrrrrr
We had an instance the other day on our way home when the engine stopped on the motorway slip road......
It started straight way though..

No error codes afterwards.....

Edited by Ant - 27 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:28am
Well we got the Kuga back from Ford after they had it for a day..
And..
They found nothing......
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:48am
Sell it
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
LED DRL's
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:05am
I mentioned that to the missus get shut of it.........

Oh its my baby etc etc etc etc etc.....
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:15am
The next car will also turn into "it's my baby" so cut your loses and replace.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
LED DRL's
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm
True......
Very true..
As its not my motor i havent a leg to stand on with regards to sell it..

While i have your attention people lets go back to the original issue which was a gunked up faulty Throttle valve...

The problems stemmed from that...

Now from the throttle valve upwards where does it go into and what does that do in performance wise....
As i just feel that since the throttle valve could the problem stem from where the valve goes to.....

Edited by Ant - 13 Jul 2017 at 12:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 2:16pm
One pipe will go to the turbo other pipe to egr valve if it all gums up that quickly looks like the turbo seals are leaking if so it has the potential to take off and run on the oil from
The turbo if the seal goes properly,the valve should not gum up at all and the pipes should be dry .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic