FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ST Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moondust View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moondust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ST Line
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 8:48pm
After 8 Kuga Titaniums No 9 is an ST Line in White Platinum sitting on 19" all black wheels, it drives and looks the dogs danglies BUT it is a 2.0ltr AWD 180ps Diesel. As the fuel debate hots up diesel is becoming demonised even though it has better Co2 than petrol,Nox OKish! as a rural car diesel always seems the better option whereas city cars quite rightly should favour petrol. So should an ST Kuga have the option of an ST engine in petrol, I read the 182ps petrol 1.5ltr only comes as a single clutch auto so should Ford offer the ST with better petrol engine variants? Especially at p/x time when inevitably the residual values will drop/plummet c'mon Ford what are your plans?
Sponsored Links

Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm
Start campaigning to Ford to fit the 2.0L EcoBoost engine the same as the Focus ST.
They are fitted with this engine for many markets, it just seems to be the UK and Europe who miss out.
With this engine they feel very quick.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
mark-essex View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mark-essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:16am
Kuga will soon be available with a 2.0 petrol engine which is made in Valencia next to the vehicle plant.
2017 ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost 6 speed manual, Winter pack, privacy glass, rear camera, drivers assistance pack, 19" all black alloys.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:45am
If they fit the twin scroll EcoBoost from the Focus it will probably come with the 6 speed auto, not the powershift, the same as we get down under.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:02am
You want the Lincoln MKC drivetrain. It's based on the Kuga/ Escape platform (from what I've read), but has the 2.3l EcoBoost with 285hp (~ 213kW).
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
dexterPicard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

You want the Lincoln MKC drivetrain. It's based on the Kuga/ Escape platform (from what I've read), but has the 2.3l EcoBoost with 285hp (~ 213kW).
that looks like a nice ride :)  And seems to have better sunroof than the Kuga solution.
Curr: 2017 Kuga MCA ST-Line, 1.5 , Shadow black, rearcam, driver ass. pack, park. pack, panorama, Sync3/SatNav, 18" & 19", rails, keyless.
Prev: Kuga Titanium Ecoboost 1.5 Petrol (2015) Magnetic.
ToolmakerBob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToolmakerBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by mark-essex mark-essex wrote:

Kuga will soon be available with a 2.0 petrol engine which is made in Valencia next to the vehicle plant.

Is this common information or insider stuff?
Mk2 kuga fwd soon but I do have other cars 😊
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mark-essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:07am
Fairly common as far as I'm aware.  Question

Then again I don't know that many commoners  LOL
2017 ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost 6 speed manual, Winter pack, privacy glass, rear camera, drivers assistance pack, 19" all black alloys.
ToolmakerBob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ToolmakerBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:39am
A uk spec 2.0 petrol kuga isn't currently on the Ford retail site?
Mk2 kuga fwd soon but I do have other cars 😊
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mark-essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:42am
Correct.  It is already being built in Kuga's for certain European markets though and I was told it will also be available in the UK.

Just because I've been told doesn't mean that it definitely will though, but the source was reliable.

Edited by mark-essex - 21 Sep 2017 at 9:43am
Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by moondust moondust wrote:

After 8 Kuga Titaniums No 9 is an ST Line in White Platinum sitting on 19" all black wheels, it drives and looks the dogs danglies ...

Rob, as an ambivalent Mk2 owner, I'm particularly interested in how the ST Line handling compares with a Mk1? (I'm assuming here that one or more of your previous 8 was a Mk1)
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
moondust View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moondust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:00pm
Hi Ian,
          Ive owned one 140ps, and several 163ps which were very good, then five 180ps which are pretty nippy especially in 2345 gears, all 9 models have been sitting on 19' Wheels for appearance and I thought quality tyres (Bridgestone Duellers err never again) I have plumbed for Kuga Titaniums throughout which yes the MK 1 was superior with the shorter wheelbase, the MK 2 was slightly more wallowy in comparison but was just glad to get away from Haldex AWD in the MK 1's. I find the MK 2 ST Kuga sitting 20mm lower on slightly stiffer springs is more positive regards cornering, benefits a crispier steering feedback, comfort is not compromised although the dampers are re-assuring. I would not hesitate to say this model is an improvement in a positive way that inspires confidence at all times. Hope this helps! 
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:02am
If only Ford offered all the global options in each country the Kuga is sold in. So I could have ordered ST Line suspension,  2.0l EcoBoost petrol, AWD and 6 speed manual- then I would have the vehicle I really wanted!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:24pm

Hi Ian,
          Ive owned one 140ps, and several 163ps which were very good, then five 180ps which are pretty nippy especially in 2345 gears, all 9 models have been sitting on 19' Wheels for appearance and I thought quality tyres (Bridgestone Duellers err never again) I have plumbed for Kuga Titaniums throughout which yes the MK 1 was superior with the shorter wheelbase, the MK 2 was slightly more wallowy in comparison but was just glad to get away from Haldex AWD in the MK 1's. I find the MK 2 ST Kuga sitting 20mm lower on slightly stiffer springs is more positive regards cornering, benefits a crispier steering feedback, comfort is not compromised although the dampers are re-assuring. I would not hesitate to say this model is an improvement in a positive way that inspires confidence at all times. Hope this helps! 

Thanks Rob, yes it's what I want to hear - after 7/8 months, it's not so much the body roll but the disconnect between the steering and the wheels that irritates, together with the general fidgetiness on town roads. Like you, I'm very pleased with the 180 diesel, but I think it should have a chassis to match.

BTW the Mk1 wheelbase isn't shorter, but it does look it...

Edited by Pennine MC - 25 Sep 2017 at 1:25pm
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
moondust View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moondust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:04pm
Hi Ian,
          Glad to have been of any help. Regards the Mk1 to the Mk2 it has been my belief that the Mk2 is a 100mm longer in wheelbase but I'm memorising that info from its introduction from 5'ish years ago when the only criticism for the Mk1 was the rear leg room was more limited. Would I buy another ST Line no hesitation whatsoever, would I buy a glass roof version not really they are colder in winter without the steel roof and headliner insulation, only benefit is for rear passengers, are they covered on regular insurance some are some arn't in the normal glass package depends on insurance company. 

Edited by moondust - 25 Sep 2017 at 4:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:54am

..., would I buy a glass roof version not really they are colder in winter without the steel roof and headliner insulation, only benefit is for rear passengers, ...

Thanks for that thought, the roof is one of the things I do like about my Tit X but I'm conscious how it seems to affect headroom (I'm only about 5'9, but I do like to sit fairly well up and forward). As it goes in the X pack with the infernal electric tailgate, I'm conditioning myself to do without it!
Ian

murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:05am
The glass roof can help warm the interior on sunny Winter days with the shade open. (Then again I don't get snow/ ice where I live.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic