FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

RGM & Travall & ALL other bumper protectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
ariesx20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariesx20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGM & Travall & ALL other bumper protectors
    Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:57am
Morning All,

Skipton looks good but I will check availability.

I finally received and fitted the Ford supplied plastic protection plate for the rear bumber.

It looks really good when fitted when it's back edge is just about 5mm from the outer lip of the bumper. It reflects beautifully in the highly reflective black of the boot door.

The only downside is the cost. It looks great and will undoubtedly do a good job but I think the cost at nearly £100 including postage is steep for what is after all a bit of contoured plastic with some self adhesive strips on.

The illustration on the Fordparts UK site is a bit misleading because it doesn't clearly show what it is.

I had a conversation with Fordparts UK about my concerns and to their credit they were open, helpful and receptive and did agree to take it back and provide a full refund but on balance, I am pleased that I decided finally to accept and fit it.

Anyone want to see it?

Sponsored Links

Daniel View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 12:08pm
*** 10% Discount from Travall ***

Hi,
Web: Unfortunately they are still waiting for this to be set up by their web developers.

Telephone: You can order by telephone on 0800 311 2175. All you need to do is mention Ford Kuga Owners Club for the 10% discount.

Once they have the web discount set up I'll let you know. Smile

Thanks

Edited by Daniel - 22 Nov 2011 at 12:10pm
the undertaker View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 2:04pm
desperate to see this in reality, I have been bidding on ebay for the "fake" one and following advice from other members here I am limiting how much I pay. However, I would always much rather have the genuine one so would be very grateful of "real" images. My boxer is determined to make me get one......lol
sap_2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sap_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 1:03pm
Fitted mine yesterday. Here are some pics...

Brg. SAP
Oslo, Norway
ariesx20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariesx20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 10:22am
Mine's exactly the same as the Norway photies. It's good to see I might have got the placement right too. They do look good but so expensive. I see Sap has a shorter aerial too. I keep the original long one for long journeys but if there's a chance I might have to get the car into a domestic garage I usually just keep the shortie on.
the undertaker View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 12:40pm
wonderful to see it for real, is there any chance of seeing it with the tailgate open so we can see how it looks on the un-covered area. Thanks
kuga-al66 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kuga-al66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:02pm
Good news about a rear bumper protector plate !
         .Theres a firm in the UK  called RGM who have been doing these for years for most makes of cars  , who do one in black for £ 45.70 and silver for £ 50.70 inc p & p . Here is the web site so you can see what they look like - or at least the black one ! - rearguards.co.uk .
        Now which one shall I order ! Smile
kuga-al66 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga-al66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
I have found a firm in the UK called RGM who have been making these for years for various cars  and now they do the Kuga . They do both black  £45.70 or silver £50.70 inc p & p .Cheaper than Ford and I think better too because they do the full width and abit of the curvy bit of the bumper each end  plus they they wrapover by a cm or so on the edge . The email addy is rearguards.co.uk . Have a look it will be worth it !    
        Now all I have to do is to decide which colour to go for black or silver  - my KUGA is blue Confused
Pilotlight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:56pm
richard grant mouldings?  if so they have been going for years.  I may take a peek?
Ford Kuga 2WD Zetec, with appearance pack in Panther Black and ugly towbar.
wise1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 12:18pm
looks really good.  I bought the Ford foil version and fitted it at the weekend.  TBH I don't like it and was considering buying the Ford stainless steel version, but now this is out I think I may take the plunge Big%20smile

But I think I will need to go with Silver as it will match the Vision Blue paintwork a bit better IMHO.. Wink
cornish View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 1:21pm
is there a link to the website for a look-see?
ariesx20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariesx20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:19pm
Just fitted the Ford silver one and looks good but wish I'd waited now. The RG unit looks brilliant. Next Kuga gets one of those!
wise1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:31pm
Cornish
the website is www.rearguards.co.uk - the OP just omitted the www.
Looks really good and covers a much larger area than either of the Ford offerings.

BTW - I have just taken the plunge and ordered mine in Silver.... only issue is there maybe a slight delay as for Silver they need around six orders (of any vehicles, not just Kuga) before making it... so I just have to wait and see.

I will post some piccies once I have it though.
kuga-al66 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga-al66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:34pm
yes there is a web site for RGM - www.rearguards.co.uk  Think I'll go silver too .
       Lets see if we can get the required 6 they need though this site !
Pilotlight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilotlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:55pm
Mrs PL has already complained that I (MOI????) has scratched the bumper, so I think this will be a sound investment.
Ford Kuga 2WD Zetec, with appearance pack in Panther Black and ugly towbar.
kuga-al66 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga-al66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:14pm
just ordered mine - silver - 4 to go ! , but if u want black still still order Big%20smile
cornish View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 6:26pm
Silver or Black on Avalon...?

Thinking Silver.
Mikec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:43am
where did you buy yours sap_2000?? im in Stavanger
wise1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:31am
go on go silver.... then we just need one more LOL

No seriously I think silver will match the silver accents on the rest of the car nicely.  If you have black or sea grey then maybe black or silver.....  that's my logic anyway.. Embarrassed
wise1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 10:44am
Well mine arrived this morning courtesy of parcel force.

I must say I am very impressed with the design.  I haven't fitted it yet but did take it out of its packaging to line it up against the bumper. 

It looks like it will be a very good fit, plus the way they have engineered it is very clever. They have included two holes so that you can remove the bottom two torq bolts from the bumper itself (hard to explain but if you open the boot you will see them in the corner!).  You can then bolt the protector directly to the car itself.... in addition to the 3M tape.

As I said hard to explain but I will try and take some piccies to explain a bit better later......
wise1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wise1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 5:20pm
Ok I've fitted the bumper protector and I must say I think it looks really good, very factory finish like.... Wink
I especially like the fact it uses a couple of the Torq screws!

Be careful when you are fitting it because if you have to resight it on the bumper after already pulling the film off the 3M tape it can be quiet hard, plus the edges are a bit sharp, so I lost a bit of skin from my fingers doing it Cry
But its all ok in the end.  I would just recommend getting the back edge on first & all lined up before pressing down firm....

Anyway here are some before and after pics (I hope if Flickr wants to play ball!!)

Edited by wise1 - 11 Jul 2009 at 6:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic