FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Reverse park sensor fitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Medic 2582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medic 2582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse park sensor fitting
    Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 10:55am
Hi I'm in need of help , I bought a wireless reverse park sensor kit for my kuga 2012 and set about fitting it as per the instructions .
Got it all in place with no problems , but according the instructions it says to connect the positive wire (red) to the possitive of the reverse light and the black to the neg or GND , so I did this and the unit didn't work , I placed a light circuit tester on the reverse light terminals and when the vehicle is in reverse the negative wire becomes positive, if I plug in the sensor unit in the opposite way round it works , I have checked my wiring several times and that's ok ? Can anyone tell me if I need to connect it at another point or what I am doing wrong, thanks , Paul
Sponsored Links

totallytonto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallytonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 4:14pm
sounds like you've solved your own problem. if it works fine connected in reverse-polarity but not connected as noted I'd be tempted to leave it working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic