FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Regeneration?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mercedes13156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes13156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regeneration?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:23pm
Hi. I just bought a 2011 KUGA diesel Powershift 163 AWD a few weeks ago. I really like it but there's a problem. 

When the DPF is regenerating, we get the smoke and fumes coming out from the engine compartment rather than the pipes at the rear. The pipes aren't blocked and you can feel quite a strong pressure when you put your hands over the pipe ends. However, the pipe ends are very sooty and blacken up again after a hundred miles or so of normal driving. There's no evidence of black smoke at any time and the fuel consumption is around 46mpg on average. 

My daily journey is 70 miles of mainly dual carriageway at 65mph and a bit of B Roads at 30-40mph. I've found it's quite easy to force a regen by driving in 4th for a few minutes

I'm thinking it could be a very dirty EGR Valve and / or poorly sealed joints on the exhaust, but there's no additional noise and I can't find the EGR. 

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes13156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
Anyone?
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:19pm
It is likely that you have a gap in the exhaust near the engine. I remember there was a post here about same symptoms and later it turned out to be a leaky joint in the exhaust.
The part that lets the engine to move without putting stress on the exhaust.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes13156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:38am
Thank you! I'll have a look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes13156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 12:54pm
Hi again,

Turns out I have at least one blowing injector. If you put your hand on the rubber cover (the one behind the removable cover), you can feel it pulsing when the engine is running. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes13156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:34am
Hi again. The injector has been resealed and the garage have instigated a regen on the DPF. They said there were clouds of black smoke and it's OK. The next decent drive provided an alarm with an orange engine malfunction warning, the EML and on scanning, a P2002 fault code with the text that the "DPF efficiency is below threshold. Bank 1". I also looked up the secret menu on the car and got "DTC #01 - D900"which is an apparently generic code relating to the CANBUS and nothing particular to worry about.

Any more ideas?
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:39am
I say take it back to the garage because it still has a problem with the DPF.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
KugaBuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaBuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 11:43pm
If you've had a faulty injector it could have wrecked the DPF and the only fix is to either gut it and get it coded out .... illegal, unethical and never have the problem again or fit a new one.
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:58am
It is possible to have the dpf cleaned at halfords
New dpf have really come down in price now
there are some awful cowboys out there when it comes to remapping

Edited by kuga4574 - 08 Dec 2017 at 5:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic