FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Orange lights by the rear view mirror

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
quatroxquatro View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quatroxquatro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange lights by the rear view mirror
    Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 7:25am
I drove down some pretty dark roads the other night, countryside with no street lights. Then I noticed the orange glow lighting the gearlever and handbrake... uhh? I have had the car a couple of months, and I had not noticed the orange led's in the courtesey lamp housing illuminating the centre console at night.

Gave me a nice warm glow all the way home! Big%20smile

Stick-in-the-mud? Moi? My flickr Kuga set
Sponsored Links

Essex_boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Essex_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 7:42am
I will have to look out for that one when Kuga gets here.
Is that the Titanium model that you have?
daisbuys View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisbuys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 10:52am
Its called submarine lighting.

I had it on my w reg BMW and its also on my Focus.
quatroxquatro View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quatroxquatro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Essex_boy Essex_boy wrote:

I will have to look out for that one when Kuga gets here.
Is that the Titanium model that you have?

Yes, it's a Titanium. Thumbs%20Up

Stick-in-the-mud? Moi? My flickr Kuga set
SprayAway View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SprayAway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 11:37am
It's also on the Kuga Zetec, and my old CMax Titanium had it too.
amser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 2:39pm
I found it to be a bit annoying to begin with, but now I'm starting to get used to it. The dash looks really nice lit up... very classy!
Dragons Wings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragons Wings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 2:44pm
Not sure if you agree with me, but the stupid orange courtesy lights that shine down over the gear stick seem to be a stupid waste of time.  So, wondered if there is anything better that can be done with them?  Ideas on a postcard as they say! Confused

Edited by Dragons Wings - 29 Jan 2009 at 2:45pm
KugaCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 4:00pm
Hi Dragon Wings,

I actually like the lights, I have them in my new shape Fiesta. You may be able to turn them off,  I think you can in the Fiesta, have a 'tinker' with the centre consul. It's worth a try!Smile
championkuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championkuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 4:10pm
I quite like them as well. They give a warm glow in the dark, useful when you are scrabbling around in your handbag ( as a passenger!) but I see your point. Smile
JB1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 10:07am
Hi again

Can anyone tell me what the orange lights are for just in front of the interiorlight please
topscal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topscal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:19am
They are 'ambience' lights - they come on at night and give a glow over the gear stick area of the car.
moggith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:14pm
ohh didnt know that- is that on just the titanium, or are they on the zetec too-

(not got my kuga yet - 3 weeks to go!)
DarrenB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrenB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:33pm
Its on the Zetec too!!
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:33pm
hi mog, think it's standard across the range, it's on my 2wd zetec.

Also might be worth pointing out that the titanium's come with footwell lights and the zetecs don't. But if you carefully prise away the bottom plastic trim in both footwells the electrics and bulb holders are there in place and all you need is a pair of 501 bulbs from Halfords or such like for arround £3.50 and away you go.

At most it's a 5-10 minute job to remove the trim, pop in the bulbs and replace trim.

Edited by Gazwats - 05 Jun 2009 at 12:35pm
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
the undertaker View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the undertaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 2:19pm
ambience lights are very good, very subtle, has to be very dark outside to appreciate....
jsstevo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 1:18pm
Has anyone tried changing the bulb in the "Orange Lights" to another colour?  They do look a bit naff I think.
huttonc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huttonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:05pm
I have the TITANIUM and there is no Ambien lights in the footwell.

Could somone please send photo with it in the footwell please and of where you can add the bulls?

Thank you all Confused
huttonc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huttonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by huttonc huttonc wrote:

Could somone please send photo with it in the footwell please and of where you can add the bulls?

Thank you all Confused

Sorry that should say bulbs, not bulls : )

The only time lights come on in the footwell is when you turn off the engine.  What about orange lights in the footwell when you're driving.

Chris
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by huttonc huttonc wrote:

Thank you all Confused
I think there's some confusion here. In my earlier post I didn't state there were ambiance lights in the footwell merely that there are footwell lights that are standard on the Titanium but are not officially listed as being available on the Zetec, when in actual fact the wiring and facility is there for all Zetec owners.

Edited by Gazwats - 08 Jun 2009 at 10:24pm
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
kuga boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:42pm
hi everyone,
can anyone tell me what the 2 red lights left and right of the mirror are for.
           thanks kuga boy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic