FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Mk2 order lead times inc info on delays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179
Author
Barroda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:10pm
Hi all

The time has come to trade my 17 plate ST Line X in so have been in contact with some of my previous dealers to work on a new deal. Well it turns out that none of them have any new AWD ST Line’s in stock and if ordered today will be the end of October delivery. This causes a lot of issues because they all say it’s really hard to price my car because of the time delay so they will only give a much lower trade price to cover themselves. Is anyone else having the same problem finding Kuga’s?. Even tried to get an Edge and the had the same issue. Looks like fords are becoming made to order now
Sponsored Links

DaveR-uk View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR-uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:12pm
@Leone

Your description "1.5 Ecoboost 150 FWD Manual ST-Line" applies equally to a Focus as well as a Kuga.
As Mark-Essex pointed out all Kuga are made in Spain.   Have you actually taken possession of the car yet?  What badge is on the tailgate?

Edited by DaveR-uk - 10 Jul 2018 at 10:13pm
2017 Titanium-X, 2.0 TDCi 180PS AWD powershift, Deep Impact Blue, Appernce Pk, Premium Sync3, Active Prk Assist, Adaptive Cruise Ctrl, Drivers Assist Pk, kick tailgate, heated steering wheel, mudflaps
Leone. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leone. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:52pm
Haha it is a Kuga, trust me. The car is made in Valencia, just as I knew before. The dealer has to get it's facts right..
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:04pm
Now collecting mine from the dealer next Wednesday. Could have picked it up On Monday(it was delivered today) but need to pick up some timber so the old Mokka will suffer that fate!

Dealer, thus far has been excellent with at least one phone call or text since order (April 10th) date and the car is actually going to be ready almost three weeks before the date originally given.
Coming on August 1st. Titanium X Diesel Auto in Chrome Blue
BobinBrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinBrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:30pm
What do you know, mine turned up in the dealer's compound today.  That must have been a bloody quick boat!  Next the paperwork has to be sorted out with Motability for the insurance etc. then it will be available for collection next Tuesday.  The salesman let on that he checks for progress on 'his' orders once a week, I suppose he can't be a*sed letting his customers in on the progress.

Edited by BobinBrum - 11 Jul 2018 at 5:32pm
Titanium X 2.0 TDCi AWD, ACC, ACS,rear camera, leccy towbar, moondust silver
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:27pm
I reckon mine must have come on a speedboat from Spain too. Only about two weeks from build to turning up on my driveway!   I wouldn't place much reliance on the build dates shown on Etis. 
67 reg Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:34pm
Taling to my dealer and he believes that the final dealy in delivery is based on boat 'routing'. Some vessels take a circuitous route from Valencia before docking in the UK at Southampton. Others dock 'UK first'.
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:42pm
This is interesting.

My 1.5 FWD Diesel Auto Titanium X (which I collect on Thursday) has shipped with a  2.0 Diesel EcoBlue engine with an AdBlue tank fitted to meet Euro 6.2 and the draft Euro 7 emissions standards.

Even the dealer has no details on the new engine.
wmg75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmg75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:53pm
Well I ordered my new Titanium X 2.0L 180 AWD Powershift with appearance pack, driver assistance pack, rear camera, enhanced park assist and heated steering wheel on 21/05/2018 had a phone call on 28/06/2018 from the dealer to say that the car had just arrived in the UK and would be ready to collect on 11/07/2018!  

I collected it this morning; its the first one they have sold in Ford Chrome Blue! I wasn't sure about the colour when I ordered it as I wanted Deep impact blue but just missed out on the last order date! the photos on ford website don't do the colour any justice at all!

Very pleased with the car the colour looks great in the sun!

Will post more photos in the sun over the weekend.

Edited by wmg75 - 13 Jul 2018 at 5:55pm
Foneman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:14pm
A Beauty
Best of luck with your new Purchase
Current 2016 Galaxy,White Titanium X Sport 180 Front Camera Sony System Awaiting New Car Kuga 2.0d 120 ps Auto White ST Line X Drivers Assistance Privacy Glass,Premium Sound,Heated Wheel
BobinBrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinBrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:15pm
I'd planned on ordering the deep blue but also missed out on it.  I liked the rich ruby red but not the price and I couldn't picture the mid blue or bronze so I whimped out and went with the neutral moondust silver.  Now I'm worried I'll keep getting flagged down in mistake for a minicabLOL  A neighbour has aquired a Kuga in the muddy grey brown colour, that too looks much better in the metal.
Please don't post more pictures in the sun, you'll only trigger buyer's remorse in me Cry

Edited by BobinBrum - 13 Jul 2018 at 6:18pm
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:48pm
That's the first one in Chrome Blue that I have seen 'in the wild'.

I am collecting my Chrome Blue 2.0 Titanium X  auto (also the first that my dealer has sold) on Wednesday.
Leone. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leone. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
That s also the first Chrome Blue Kuga I've ever seen. What a beauty!
BobinBrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobinBrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:44am
Picked up my 2.0 AWD Tit-X yesterday morning, so what's that - 9 weeks?  May 10th to July 17th.  Promptly put 120 miles on it Thumbs Up
Ashpole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 22 minutes ago at 11:38pm
Hi,

We've ordered an st line X through a leasing company. Apparently the car has been at the docks in the UK for the last 2-3 weeks but there has been a delay in getting to the dealership and still no concrete delivery date to the dealer.

Has anyone else had any experience of this or the wait times from UK dock to dealer?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179
  Share Topic