FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Mk2 order lead times inc info on delays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172
Author
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:21pm
Ford is certainly not building cars on a first come first served basis!  Maybe larger dealerships get priority as part of their bonus for volume sales. I ordered nothing complicated (May 12) as you can see below, but end October is now the delivery date with a "maybe sooner if production catches up" tag!!
2017 Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
Sponsored Links

DaveR-uk View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaveR-uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:24am
Well, some are being delivered. From today's release on the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders website.  These are actual new vehicle registrations not manufacturers claims.  Note the vehicle at number 6.

2017 Titanium-X, 2.0 TDCi 180PS AWD powershift, Deep Impact Blue, Appernce Pk, Premium Sync3, Active Prk Assist, Adaptive Cruise Ctrl, Drivers Assist Pk, kick tailgate, heated steering wheel, mudflaps
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 2:55pm
Now been told that my Kuga will be delivered to me end of next week. Hard to believe after all the nonsense over build and delivery dates over the past 5 months! But as I have been asked for insurance certificate to enable it to be registered and also a plate number then I guess it must be true. As it is not coming via local dealership I can't pop in to see if its really there!!! Patience is a virtue........so they say
2017 Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:53pm
wow thats crazy, I've ordered the exact same spec as yours except mine is black. Order went in on Aug, it's being built sometime in Oct, delivered Nov.
Claritine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claritine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 2:45pm
I ordered my Kuga (Ecoboost) in May and I'm still waiting on it. However, I'm living in Hungary the situation is the same. I've been told the order is fast with Diesel Engine that takes around 2 months to get, but with the popular Ecoboost engine that is horrible. The dealer also said the factory (in Valencia) has had a break that took almost a month. So now it looks like I'll get my car in October after 24 weeks. I also had that feelings during the time to cancel it, but there were no any good alternative on the market. :(
The.Real.Me View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Real.Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Claritine Claritine wrote:

I ordered my Kuga (Ecoboost) in May and I'm still waiting on it. However, I'm living in Hungary the situation is the same. I've been told the order is fast with Diesel Engine that takes around 2 months to get, but with the popular Ecoboost engine that is horrible. The dealer also said the factory (in Valencia) has had a break that took almost a month. So now it looks like I'll get my car in October after 24 weeks. I also had that feelings during the time to cancel it, but there were no any good alternative on the market. :(

From my experience in Engineering (not the vehicle trade) a lot of Europe have long shut downs during the summer, we have a number of customers we cannot send to or receive from during most of July and part of August every year.

Ron
2017 Kuga Titanium X Ecoboost 1.5L 16V (150PS) Petrol, Deep Impact Blue (Metallic)
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 7:47am
Italy and Spain are closed for business during August.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm
Well my new Kuga is, I am told, due to arrive on my driveway on Friday (this week)! I'll believe it when I touch it.
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:14pm
This isn't unique to the Kuga. My replacement is a Tiguan (putting my tin hat on to protect from incoming comments) 1.4 petrol DSG & I ordered in middle August & currently my unconfirmed build date is week 16 2018!!!
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
Claritine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claritine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:08pm
Yesterday it's arrived (finally, earlier than it was said), I could check and see what I paid for. It looks really cool, however it's "just" Business model. I could not check the interior design before with the black Charcoal clot, but it looks much better than the grey that I saw.
If everything goes well I'll able to drive it on Wednesday. Oh, and the voice of the 1.5 petrol engine was beautiful and silent.
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
My Kuga did finally arrive on 6th October, - ordered on 12 May ! Beautiful it is , and a lovely purring engine , if one can hear it! Out of sheer curiosity I checked on ETIS to see when it was built. Built on 11th September it said.    I assume that ETIS is correct, if so then that's four weeks from build to shipping from Valencia, shipped to dealer, PDI'd and loaded on truck and delivered to my driveway. Ford really can move when it chooses to.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
If you press the start button and the OK buttons together without putting your foot on the brake/clutch. This will take you into the service mode, if you then scroll down through the options there is a lie that tells you the exact time and date the car came off the production line.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
LED DRL's
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:22pm
Hmmm you sure that the car won't implode if I do that?  I like my Kuga
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:02pm
It works on mine.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
LED DRL's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172
  Share Topic